Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

.......And another photo laterally reversed - it's normally seen the other way around.
Even LIFE does it. I had this one as my desktop wallpaper for almost a year before realizing it was flipped wile dong research for my AVG build. The cockpit air intake is on the wrong side. Then I saw that the prop pitch was reversed. Just had to fix it.

Attachments

• p-40 life 4b.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 186
  • p-40 life 4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 189
That's a pretty unique picture there Dave. The tail gun position on that B-24 is a rare and seldom photographed hand held type. Did you resize that picture before you posted it? If so I'd really like to see a closeup of it along with the aircraft serial.

I actually did size it down from it's original 1200 px width.

It's a B-24D1-13, serial #41-23952 (98th BS, 11thBG, 7thAF), "The Gremlin" with SEXY SUE II "Mother of Ten" on the starboard nose.

Not sure of the circumstances (or date) behind this crack-up, I haven't seen the MACR

Here's the full sized shot:

*edit* it looks like the server resizes by default...so I'll work on getting the full image posted

*edit* Looks like a ZIP file will be the best way to share the full-sized image (1200x669) so here ya' go

View attachment B-24_crash_disgust.zip

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread