Pictures of Bavaria and other parts of Southern Germany.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will be in Berlin in 6 weeks. I am going there for 4 days and staying in the famouse 5 star Steigenberger Hotel for News Years. We are going to drive up there from here with soem friends and party it up for 4 days. Ofcourse while I am there I am going to the Luftwaffe Museum and going to check out the old 3rd Reich architecture and artwork that is still strewn all over the city.

Ofcourse I will. I need to take some more pictures here in Bavaria for this thread but I just dont ever seem to have my camara with me or it gets too dark when I see something to take a picture of.

You have to wait for winter my friend! :lol:

It is unusually warm and rainy. Not very good picture taking weather. I am hoping that winter will actually re-arrive soon.

I have not taken any new ones yet. There has not been anything inetesting to take of lately. I also have not gone anywhere. This weekend though I am going to Colmberg Castle to eat dinner and I will take some pics there and then on Sunday I am going to Burg Hexenager and will take some pics there.

Allright here is the next set of pictures. We went to a wonderful Christmas market at Burg Hexenager. It was not full of lights like the famous ones in Nurnberg or Berlin or whatever but it was probably the best Christmas market I have been to in Germany. It was very large, the food was great, the gluehwein was great and every stand had something different and just about everything was home made goods rather than the comercial bought stuff. Anyhow here are the pictures.

Hopefully the weather will get better and we will get some snow so I can take some pics. It is not even worth going to the Alps right now because there is hardly any snow there right now.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 1-2.JPG
    1-2.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1-3.JPG
    1-3.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1-4.JPG
    1-4.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 89
Chris now the Markt is at the base of the estate and the owners still live there or ........ ? what a neat spot, how far is this from your Lichtenau ?

we had some mulled wine last night not quite the kicker of Glühwein, well my wifes work staff are a bunch of weenies and they were not too fond of the creation ......... wimps, dang it was good ! I had 3 cups trying to deaden pain

Chris I am assuming that you and yours have been to Dinkelsbühle ? and the Weihnachtsmarkt as well ? .......... if so your impressions of it.

looks like a fun walled city to explore. My lovely daughter years ago was able to tour at length with the walls of Röthenburg on the Alt Romantik Strasse

Erich the Castle is now privatly owned but they due functions at it all the time such as medieval Jousting maches in the summer time and the Christmas market at Christmas time.

This market here Erich and the Castle are about 1 and half to 2 hour drive on the autobahn from where I live.

No we have not been to Dinkelsbuehl yet but we are going this year.

This weekend we are going to hit Dinkelbuehl and Rothenburg's Christmas markets and the following week we are going to go to Wuerzburgs Christmas market. The first 2 are about a 20 minute drive from where I live and Wuerzburg is only about 45 minutes away.

photos, photos, photos !!!! I am drooling.

~ Chris are you and yours planing to stay in Germany till ? I really am thinking of surprising my wife and whisking her away to the Bayern maybe in the fall of next year when some bills are paid off. Would be great to connect with you two for several days if we can arrange it ........... actually during Christmas time so we can stroll around the markts with you both

I will take pictures when I go to those place Erich.

Me and my will be staying in Germany for another 2 years maybe 3. You are allways welcome to come and visit with the miss and we can drive you guys around to some cool places.

thanks for the invite Chris, I've been thinking on these lines since I joined this forum and hooked up with you here .......... will be in touch about this later ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back