Pictures of Bavaria and other parts of Southern Germany.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here a few more that I took in the last few weeks, and just got off my camera today. They do not really show the country side or anything, but I think they are pretty neat.

The first set is of a Midieval Market and festival we went to near some castle (I think it was Burg Ravenstein, I will have to ask my wife when she gets home).

mit.jpg

mit11.jpg

mit2.jpg

mit3.jpg

mit4.jpg

The next set is of Burg Ravenstein (if that is what it is called).

mit5.jpg

mit10.jpg

mit6.jpg

mit9.jpg

mit7.jpg

mit8.jpg

The next set is of a castle in Pottenstein. We did not have time to go up and visit it, we were only stopping for dinner at a Bier Garden there on the way home from the market. It is a beautiful area with lots of great hiking and kyaking places. We will go back and I will head up to the castle.

mit12.jpg

mit13.jpg

sweet pics Chris !

~ say have you and yours been to the Medievel thing at Landshut ? this is something we have considered as a side trip in the coming years

Into Northern Italy again to visit the inlaws. My daughter's great Grandmother (which would be my grandmother in law for those keeping score at home) is still alive and kicking (although she claims to have been dying for the last 20 years) and my wife wants my daughter (20 months) to spend Christmas with her just in case she turns out to be right about her long predicted passing.

After that, I'm on the road up through Switzerland for a couple of days. Have a couple of customers I have to see. It's odd but I've noticed nobody trades with the world like the Swiss. They make next to nothing but can get their hands on everything. Probably going to train it. Did the same gig last year and it was like a Jacky Gleason Movie ("If it's Tuesday, It must be Zurich" type of thing).

Looking forward to it. A week on the road in Europe is a pretty cool time, even if it is business. Trains, great beer, wonderful food. Not bad.

Then back to Italy for New Year's Eve with my inlaws. I've already been told that they start eating around 10pm and stop around 3am on NYE. That is going to be cool!

That should be a nice trip. Are you going to the Tirol region of northern Italy? Tirol is beautiful.

We spent New Years 2003/2004 in Italy, down in Rome. It was a great time.

Oh yeah! Love Tirol. Been to Bolzano and Merrano. Think Merrano is about as nice as it gets (and Bolzano is no slouch). Caught a venicular up a mountain at both places. Think Bolzano is more built up in the mountains while Merrano seems sparse higher up. Loved both places and have them high on my lists of places to travel to (and that includes places like Colorado). For the money, I think Tyrol has it over Colorado. Not for the senery or the skiing, but for the food and atmosphere. Better in Tyrol.

Rome for NYE in '04? Man, you are one of the most mobile people I ever met. Do you ever stay home? I can understand the attraction to helicopters, that get and go got you big time. Pulling the sort of moving around you talk about on this board with a wife and kids is definitely impressive.

I know that I promised to get this thread going again, but I always keep forgetting. Anyhow me and my wife are taking a small trip down to the mountains for 3 days on Friday. We will be staying down in Berchtesgaden, a very beautiful place on the Austrian border. We will probably go into Salzburg, Austria on Saturday. Unfortunately I won't be able to get any pics of the Eagles Nest because it is closed at this time of the year. I will take some of the beautiful country side though.

Berchtesgaden1.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, that is one helluva shot.

Looking forward to your next pics.

Dude, that is one helluva shot.

Looking forward to your next pics.

:lol:

I did not take that one. I found it on photo bucket. I will try and get some nice pics of the mountains and scenery as well though. Not sure how it will pan out, the weather might not cooperate.

I remember Salzburg well Chris, will look forward to your pics. hope the weather will be good for you this weekend

I have not been to Salzburg in forever. Used to love to go there just to go and visit the salt mines and take the little underground train into the mines. Really a fun trip.

Last edited:
Well we are back. I will get some photos posted up tomorrow probably. I need to get the photo batteries recharged.

Unfortunately all the snow on the ground was melted. Only up on the mountains was there still snow.

Besides Berchtesgaden we went to the Königssee and took a little boat ride there to a church on the other side of the lake. We also went up to Obersalzburg and Kehlstein mountain where the famous Eagles Nest is located. Unfortunately it is closed off at his time of year because of the snow and ice up on the mountain (it is too dangerous to drive up the 30 + degree inclines in icy conditions). We did check out the Documentation Museum at the site of the old General Walker Hotel and the site of Herman Goering's house (all torn down and a Continental Hotel is built on the site), there we toured the Oberzalzburg bunker system.

Overall it was a nice trip, to get away from life up here for a bit. In January we are going to return, but this time to Salzburg in Austria.

Like I sad pics will be posted tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back