Pilots and their Pets (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one of Pop too. That's a great emblem on the cowling. It seems Mickey Mouse served with just about every airforce involved in the conflict! Obviously as popular in Rumania as everywhere else.
Cheers
Steve

Take the following descriptions with several grains of salt :) Some are quite entertaining though ( also sorry for the format, it's a sloppy copy/paste job )

licagill.jpg
mamaia.jpg
pusy.jpg
ilie.jpg
gogu.jpg
antonica.jpg
costica.jpg
gill.jpg

Sorry, no pic, and no aircraft, but my uncle had a monkey he kept on the LCM he drove in the Pacific late in the war. He got it either in the Phillipines or Borneo. When he got on the ship to come home, the officer made him toss it overboard.

Glad you like them guys, here's another 2, no story for these though.

334632low.jpg
334649low.jpg

"I wonder what type of clearance they had to get to 'bury' Skippy!"
They had to get the Skippers (Commanding Officer's) approval is all they needed.
I bet the Sailors felt stupid having to dress up just for the dog. That dog must have been loved!

More WWII mascot color photos
The dog was adopted by the 442nd Regimental Medics as mascot
Squadron mascot Puma named Chatta with pilots stationed in Panama (doesn't look like a nice kitty to me)
A drill press operator feeds pet ferret in England ( I bet those ferrets got into all kinds of trouble in the machine shop!)

Attachments

• dog has been adopted by the 442nd Regimental Medics as mascot.jpg
    dog has been adopted by the 442nd Regimental Medics as mascot.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Squadron mascot  Puma named Chatta with pilots Panama.jpg
    Squadron mascot Puma named Chatta with pilots Panama.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 168
  • drill press operator feeds pet ferret England.jpg
    drill press operator feeds pet ferret England.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 175
Heh....ferrets in a machine shop....musta been like the ultimate playground for those little guys! TONS (literally!) of stuff to climb on/over/through!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back