PISTON ENGINE AIRCRAFT JET KILLS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i've posted more about the feature in annother thread you started (i don't know if you've found it yet) but the August issue is alreay out (they always release them a month in advance, July edition comes out in June, August issue comes out in July) so it should already be out if you can get it out there, if not there'll be a way for me to send one or two out..........

"Bump"

well it's been awhile, in process of sending a package to 262 killer Steve Ananian this weekend. Have glass stuck in my hands so am typing softly and more will come give me a moment ...........

E ~

from E.M. Mustang pilot chatted recently along with 3 of his other buddies in their fg

to your question about flying against the ME 262 the following thoughts come to mind. We didn't see them until late in the war when we aerial superority. We learned not to let them sneak up behind which made for more careful checking your tail. When traveling in 4s or 2s we flew wide abreast to check each other tails. Then we would turn into them for a head on. At that time we had a tail warning radar based on the proximity fuse for artillery with a red light in the dash. When that came on we did a violent sudden manuver. We did not worry about head on as the firepower was equal and they did not use that manuver. The best way to catch one was to have such altitude advantage that you could reach 400 plus mph and catch him from behind. They were also vulnerable when taking off and landing especially if they were about out of fuel. Regards, Ed

Here are some pilots I've met with recently and their victories against jets. I won't go into stories here but this is the data:

Col. Richard Candelaria 479th FG- Me 262 April 7, 1945 claimed as probable confirmed destroyed by German records

Capt Harrison Tordoff 353rd FG- Me 262 March 31 1945

Lt. Col. Don Cummings 55th FG- 2 Me262s February 25 1945

Capt. Robert Winks 357th FG- Me 262 January 15, 1945

Major Urben Drew 362st FG- 2 Me 262s October 7, 1944

Capt. Wayne Coleman 78th FG- Me 262 March 31, 1945

Lt. Joseph Peterburs 20th FG- Me 262 April 10, 1945 flow by Walter Schuck

Lt. Col. Huie Lamb 78th FG- Me 262 October 15, 1944, 1/2 Ar 234 March 1945

when did you seak with Tordoff last Twitch ? Friend Huie Lamb is covered in my thread as well as Drew who is deceased for some years now. J. Petersburs is going to get covered as I have pics, we talked at length and his combat ops for the date, neat guy.

still trying to make this a day by day thread everyone

Idiots ! that is all I can say , it is stuff like this that gets reported about aces deaths/illness from both sides and then we have to take it as fact ( I have in this case ) unless we have the close in scoop.

thanks for clarification Twitch. private message sent to you

Hey henk off topic I know, but I just love that signature.

old thread I have not forgotten thee ............... more coming, be patient those that are interested, just obtained much needed materials from at least 8 P-51 pilots encountering Me 262 and Ar 234's ....the last 3 weeks

Erich, you have been saying that for a month or so. You're killing me. I'm beginning to think that you sit at home rubbing your dry little bike chaffed hands together in glee knowing that us ravenous WWII plane geeks want more infor of your knowledge.

For God's sake man. Cough it up!

I luv suspense don't you guys ? ! yes there are pics galore, and too make it perfectly clear after 53 years on this earth I am becoming more and more like a lazy over-exercised slob.

is there such a thing ?

ok guys hold onto your jock straps, stuff is coming ........ most of what I received lately is late spring 45 and from the almost unknown 356th fg, 1 Me 262 kill, 1 Ar 234 damaged/kill, another Me 262 kill from a 2nd SF pilot in the 8th AF, and on it goes . .. . oh yes E. Giller responded from the 55th fg with his after action report/kill 1 Me 262; but I have to call to say thank you and retrieve a taad bit of info on his Mustang, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back