PISTON ENGINE AIRCRAFT JET KILLS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

talked with RB's wife this morn in fact not even 5 minutes ago, have his present version of his Ar 234 kill and have found his mission report, now to make a copy and send to him for side notes ............ this is getting very cool and quite a pleasure to chat even with the wives of these noble veterans ..... good day for this on a gloomy dank Thursday
XXjester.gif

Art by Gareth Hector depicting an Me-163b diving into cloud cover having exhausted it's fuel while being chased by a diving Thunderbolt.

fleachasegh_1.jpg

That would have to be the scarriest thing. Being in a 163 with now more fuel to burn and having enemy fighters everywhere.

I'd point it straight down and start spinning like crazy praying which ever fighter catches me can't get in a good shot !

the 8th AF claimed:

4th fg - 2 Me 163's
359th fg - 2 Me 163's
364th fg claimed - 1 Me 163

I have that these were all from P-51's

also nothing confirmed as to jet downings by any P-38 fg. unless someone would kindly direct me further on this

whoa just got this in a timely fashion. 357th fg ace B. Winks e-mail addy who shot down a 262 on 15 January 45 right in order for this thread ........ I await his response....replies

XXjester.gif
life is good !

just wrote Bob a note and yes there is gun cam footage of the hind end of a Me 163 getting creamed by .50's. the 163 kills came from July 29, 44 to November 2, 44 when the 4th fg shot down 2 on that date.....

wanted all to know I just got off the phone with the pilot that flew PI*W, the colour photo of the Stang from the 356th fg. ...... two pages back. A short but excellent conversation; a big mailer is enroute this upcoming Monday to him

bis bald

E ~ 8)

and I just got off the phone with the other pilot flying the same Mustang with the pic of the Coyote on the fuselage.............this is going to be great, that little Coyote flew 5 missions in the P-47 Bubbletop and according to the pilot/vet on the phone just a moment ago told me that he saved the pilots life once.....

more on that teaser later .......... yeah
XXjester.gif

Rippin it Up !

I'm going to wait for another 3-4 days for a certain US pilot/vet to respond to a couple of questions and then I will attack this thread again .........

somebody please make this a sticky in aviation as i keep losing it. I want to revamp a bit of it real soon ......... still interviewing more former P-51 pilots of the 356th fg, another letter goes out on the morrow

the way I feel right now the last 3 days Chris I probably would of put the thread in admin or the banned area. when I get over this allergie crap I am blasting off with this thing ..........

thanks Les for making it a sticky, much o appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back