PISTON ENGINE AIRCRAFT JET KILLS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt - you better take an all day lunch if you want the Cape with an M-14.. it's a toss up and I'm bettin on the 'boy'. I have only shot two - one with a 375 and one with a 416 Rigby.

I took a lot of time looking for the shot to break down both shoulders and would have passed otherwise.

I DO respect that animal above all others - not that this has anything to do w/Jet Kills..

Has anyone mentioned the AD Spad kill in Viet Nam on the Sandy mission?

Regards,

Bill

didn't a few p51's shoot down some 262's? i've seen a vid of something shooting down a 262....one of the 262's engines had failed

didn't a few p51's shoot down some 262's? i've seen a vid of something shooting down a 262....one of the 262's engines had failed
General Galland was one of those who was in an ME 262 and got shot down by a Mustang, 'I was caught napping' he said in his autobiography, that was in April 1945, he had an engine destroyed and a leg wound, but got his aircraft home on one damaged engine, so am I using some license to say he was shot down? He never returned to combat.
I have the letters still from the Mustang Pilots association in respect of my enquiries as to who shot him down, I had a painting in mind....but the pilot is unknown.

pb :

look about mid-way on page # 3. August 1944 78th fg kill

yeah In know I've neglected this thread for quite sometime .......... shame on me

apparently the Tempest had over 20 me-262 kills. (if anyone has the dates, location,pilot etc. for some these that would be great)

cheers

somewhere buried in the text is the total, and yes I have dates. I am still trying to follow primarily the Us participation but maybe we could do a sub-link guys and list RAF kills/probables on this ??

From the Air War Museum website:

"Sea Furies served extensively in the Korean War, operating from Royal Navy carriers HMS Glory, HMS Ocean and HMS Theseus, and Australian carrier HMAS Sydney. They usually paired with Fairey Fireflies for ground attack missions. The Sea Fury excelled in this role, often proving superior to the enemy's modern jets. For example, on August 9, 1952, Royal Navy Lieutenant "Hoagy" Carmichael, flying a Sea Fury of HMS Ocean's 802 Squadron, shot down a Soviet-built North Korean Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG 15, marking the first such kill by a piston-engined fighter, and the only air-to-air kill by a British pilot flying a British aircraft in the Korean War."

"The only air to air kill by a Brit. pilot in a Brit. aircraft in the Korean War" ?
That takes some believing !

"The only air to air kill by a Brit. pilot in a Brit. aircraft in the Korean War" ?
That takes some believing !

Well it seems that's the truth. I don't know of any RAF exchange pilots who flew F-86s who got a Mig although there may be one...

Referring to the "discussion" about Chuck Yeager I was wondering if any of you knew Marion Carl and would care to compare his demeanor with Yeager's. Carl's list of accomplishments compare pretty well with Yeager's.

Speaking of Cape Buffalo, I saw the most incredible video I have ever seen on CNN a while ago. It featured a herd of Cape Buffalo(which of course the tv guy called water buffalo) a pride of lionesses, a crocodile and the victim, a young Cape Buffalo. Has anyone else seen it?

Referring to the "discussion" about Chuck Yeager I was wondering if any of you knew Marion Carl and would care to compare his demeanor with Yeager's. Carl's list of accomplishments compare pretty well with Yeager's.

I heard stories about Carl being a bit gruff, but I don't think anyone could compare with Yeager...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back