Planes of Fame Show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ontos

Tech Sergeant
Mar 8, 2009
Riverside, California
Well I'm a little late in posting these. I went on Saturday with my Son and Daughter and had a great time. We got a chance to meet Eric, it was great to finally meet him after all the years. As Eric said we were all pretty busy and didn't get a chance to get a group picture. Maybe next time. I didn't want to break his camera :lol: I took about 1600 shots so I'll just post a few, I deleted a lot too. I hope to see someone at the March Air Show next week-end.

Attachments

• IMG_9178.jpg
    IMG_9178.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9194.jpg
    IMG_9194.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9203.jpg
    IMG_9203.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9910 Best.jpg
    IMG_9910 Best.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 107
STUPENDOUS SHOTS MERV!!!!!! I can't pick a favorite. You did a fine job sir. Those are to be proud of!:notworthy: If I had to pick it would be the P-47 and the Fw-190.:cool:

Nicely captured, Merv. And I'm with Aaron. The P-47 and FW.190 is cool. The shots that I took of that are some of my favorites from the show as well. It's really cool to see not one, but two rare aircraft together. 8)

You would be correct Aaron, it's a recoilless Rifle, it sits on what the Marines called a Mule. I was surprised to see it at the show, good surprise 8)

I liked the shot of "Betsy's Biscuit Bomber" too. I took photos of that airplane about a week after the Estrella Museum got it, when it was still in Israeli markings. I didn't realize then that I would be flying off it's wing a few years later. I have always had a soft spot for the C-47, but especially for that one.

Planes of Fame just uploaded a video of the 3 Zero's flying in formation during the annual airshow in May of this year. :cool:
It's a very rare sight that will not likely happen again any time soon.

Japanese Zero formation flight (3 aircraft Extremely Rare)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1nWi3t3N4
Standard Definition:

High Definition (720):

POFmuseum @ YouTube said:
Planes of Fame Air Show 2012 featured an extremely rare 3 ship formation flight of Mitsubishi A6M "Zeros". The first aircraft to take off and the aircraft leading the flight is 61-120, the Planes of Fame Air Museum's Zero, which is the only original Zero flying... the other 2 are replica's built in Russia in 1999.

This video will be one of the bonus tracks on the Planes of Fame 2012 Air Show DVD, available later this year.
Find more videos of rare planes being flown and shown at the Planes of Fame YouTube channel.
Planes of Fame's YouTube channel: POFmuseum - YouTube

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back