Planes only a mother could love

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey TBolt, I believe that first picture is of my first lawn mower. I've been wondering what happened to it. Who put the wings and tail on it. All that extra crap is just going to make it harder to mow the lawn you know.

Hey TBolt, I believe that first picture is of my first lawn mower. I've been wondering what happened to it. Who put the wings and tail on it. All that extra crap is just going to make it harder to mow the lawn you know.

Oh its a lawn mower I thought it was a plane that had crashed into a paddle steamer :lol:

Nah, it's the prototype Airborne Combined Harvester - the hopper was intended to be towed behind it, converted from a Waco glider .....
Some of these designers must have been Politicians - lot's of talk, but no experience of life, or common sense !

Some French contenders

View attachment 234644

View attachment 234645

View attachment 234646

Notice the engines in tandem pairs?? :)

View attachment 234647

only made to the "H"s of French Aviation and not used any from before 1918.

I can't understand how a country that made this:

Aurelie-Claudel-i120834.gif

Aurelie-Claudel-i120860.gif

could come up with these:

a143-3.gif

MB210-501f-1.gif

And then there are paint schemes...
0625526.gif

With all the grace and elegance of a factory chimney the Blackburn Blackburn

View attachment 234555

Blackburn Blackburn? Not only fugly but stupid name.

Top speed 122mph and I thoughr it was supersonic!

Mein Gott. If you design aircraft for a living and come up with that no hope for you. I will need to look at Spitfire pix for a spell to remive that pig out of my mind.

There are some ugly MF's there, i'm sure there are many more

Oh its a lawn mower I thought it was a plane that had crashed into a paddle steamer :lol:
Actually I think it was the result of a crash between these two.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 135
This Grumman XF5F Skyrocket, I admit is not as purely ugly as some of the other planes, but I cannot decide if it looks homely or comical.

At first glance, it appears that a small mutant airplane is trying to take a bite out of a flying wing.

757px-The_latest_type_of_a_Grumman_Navy_fighter_-_NARA_-_195921.jpg

Hmmm, I like most of the aircraft on these pictures, That is saying something about me, I guess and I fear for my reputation :lol:.
I really love that Stipa-Caprioni. Reminds me of a barrel of beer, which is a good thing.
That last one looks like a low budget Whirlwind. When they got to the nose, the money was spend.
What's that last one in tbold's #17 post? Looks pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back