Political Parties: Support or Defend Your Political Affiliations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll trust that "dingus" was the Webster dictionary version and NOT the Urban Dictionary version.

but they do in todays world

College degrees have no bearing on intelligence. Nor are they anything more than a bellwether measure of potential for success. College degrees (if they are worth their salt):

1) Provide advanced education ON HOW TO TEACH YOURSELF via discipline.

2) Provide the graduate a foot in the door in higher paying jobs.

After that. All gloves are off. Its up to the certificate recipient. I have personally fired an individual with a doctorate degree in the engineering sciences for utter lack of performance. And on the contrary, I have met more than one individual who was magnitudes my intellectual superior and they too did not have a college degree.

Hell, Einstein was identified as below average intelligence when he was in early years of school.

College degrees have no bearing on intelligence.

Absolutely true!

They open doors, that's about it. Look at all the liberal college professors. Most of them have doctorates and they have as much intelligence and sense as a box of rocks.

TO

I'm the #2 guy on my program (45 workers on the program) - although I have all types of flying ratings I have no degree and out paced many who have in my career field, mainly because I have the vocational background to enable me to execute my job in a management function.

give the fish will stops the hungry for now, but should create a dependency.

teach to fishing will kill the hungry and also give independency.

but in some cases is needed gives the fish first to then, teach how to fishing. its hard to learn with empty stomach sometimes, when you dont eat a fish for weeks...

but you have to teach how to fishing, because if you dont some others could teach how to steal a fish.

only jesus had the power to multiply the fish. but theres a lot of fake-messiah around the border of stream, promissing the same, in exchange for each one fish. thats when we discover, the fish are us !

:shock:

My job forces me into contact with numerous people and how they live. I don't think there are enough numerals to show how many times I've been in contact with someone - on welfare, on food stamps, college classes paid for, on WIC, on unemployment - who sit around all day with plasma TVs and $$$ of "bling" on their body - colored hair and nails, clothes, etc. And they don't work. Don't lift a finger.

Once again, I suspect that a major difference between us is size and the fact that Denmark has a much more homogeneous population than we do. Probably the literacy rate is higher there also. If Denmark had the demographic situation we have and one day you may experience that, the statistics on the economy would look much different.

We have a situation here and some would call it racial and maybe so but it demonstrates what we are talking about.

Ren, you seem to be dancing around the question, but what what you seem to getting at is that there is a large number of people in the black native communities that think it is perfectly fine to be living off of welfare, foodstamps handouts. Why is that do you think? I know the Reverend's Jesse Wright will tell you that is because of slavery racism, but compare their history to that of the Asians, it's not that different, yet two totally different outcomes. Going back 100 years, the Chinese East Indians suffered discrimination racism on the west coast, not unlike the African Americans. Yet today the Asians are over-represented in our universities, many have their own small businesses, and have lower rates than average for drug addiction, prison population, dropouts, welfare, etc.

Why is that? Social? Racial? Community?

Social and community. What it is NOT is govt. I live in a mostly white community and the Koreans outclass the white educational performance every year. Why? More govt handouts? More welfare for the asian community? Nope. Harder work, conservative values and high expectations amongst their peers. Plain and simple.

culture and education is also the answer. indians and chineses, are very old civilization, theres some traditional values they brough to new world.

the african slavery was kind of diferent of the slavery and exploration of asians. its a very complex issue, and also very ancient.

but the answer for every social problems is education, ever. education is always the key.

All civilizations are ancient Jug. An unless you subscribe to genetic inferiority, I do not understand your position. Slavery has occurred since the day man attempted to domesticate animals. Doesn't make slavery right, but a victim mentality is not a racially inherent disposition.

Social and community. Social and community.

And with that, an individual has no excuse not to rise above it. I know. I'm a redneck by descent.

give the fish will stops the hungry for now, but should create a dependency.

teach to fishing will kill the hungry and also give independency.

Jug, that is true. As for social problems, I don't think education is the answer: its a strong family base and a strong moral belief, whether it be Christian, Jewish or Hindu or whatever. Its the strong person within that can resist the problems from without.

Free, I wasn't posting as any particular race but I will say the majority are black amd white. Most asians and indians (from India) are hard workers and family-oriented. Its not in them to ask for help.

Free, I wasn't posting as any particular race but I will say the majority are black amd white. Most asians and indians (from India) are hard workers and family-oriented. Its not in them to ask for help.

Also I think it has to do with racial community pride. For some people living off of government handouts is cool because you are "beating the system", while for others in the same situation it is deeply embarrassing, something that you get out of ASAP

I best indicate my politics
In Canada I am right wing , and I wholeheartly support free health care and giving those challenged by physical and mental difficulties a reasonable lifestyle . However those that are capable of work that opt not to should be forced to work for their assistance in some sort of work for money project. I believe stongly in term limits and a ban from lobbying after leaving public office. If I don't agree with any of the people available on the ballot I will spoil it or vote for a fringe party as a protest vote . I dislike any suggestion of quotas or make up for past abuses in hiring .
The native population should get off there collective asses and work I'm sorry you lost your lands so long ago but you didn't even have the wheel so if not the europeans it would have been some one else take the land .

Can't argue with much there Pb. But the free health care I don't see as working in the US. Besides the GI bill, I know of no government social entitlement program that has ever worked.

Can't argue with much there Pb. But the free health care I don't see as working in the US. Besides the GI bill, I know of no government social entitlement program that has ever worked.
I'll let you know how it works soon as I went the DR today about a hernia thing go to see surgeon next week

College degrees have no bearing on intelligence.

Thank you, Matt.
I promised I'd stay out of this [political] discussion, but here I'm going to
make a statement. I quit school in the 7th grade. Made the Navy a career,
and retired. Started working in the automotive trade for $125.00 a week. Now
I am the Warranty Administrator for a Mazda dealership. I'm a salary person,
so I get paid if I take a day off or call in sick. My yearly salary is just under
$40K. I do not have a high school education [do have a GED], and no college.
It's been hard work all my life. But, the hard work has paid off.

Charles

All civilizations are ancient Jug. An unless you subscribe to genetic inferiority, I do not understand your position. Slavery has occurred since the day man attempted to domesticate animals. Doesn't make slavery right, but a victim mentality is not a racially inherent disposition.

Social and community. Social and community.

And with that, an individual has no excuse not to rise above it. I know. I'm a redneck by descent.

im also descendent of rednecks, but you didnt understood my point.

well genetic inferiority is BS.

forget the "ancient civ" for one moment i explain you later.

the kind of slavery system used to bring black people from africa to americas, was very violent, not just physical but also psychological and cultural ways. the goal was make and human being aware of his culture and witouth any kind of hope to better his life.

when slavery comes over, the former slaves families was just dropped from the farms and had not too much oportunities to get a average job or even any knowloge or literacy. there wasnt any kind of program to re-introduce this people into a soceiety.

so the dificulties that black people finds to better their lifes and survive, was much more harder than the asians and european imigrants find to better their lifes in new world.

there was harder to get education, to get a nice job, to put their kids in a college, to break the racist steriotypes, etc...

but i believe none or quite few black people wants to get any kind of advantage to the white people do compensate the historical issues. just equal oportunities. if you put a school in harlen or any other poor area, wheres poor blacks, spanics or white people lives, so good than a school in a middle class area. youll see the diference. also if you put a nice school in a brazilian favela, youll see the great diference that it does.

education is everything.

the asians, by its ancient culture, gives a great value to education. thats why i believe the asian students have better notes. because their parents teach them discipline and the value of education pretty earlier.

thats a task of the state, ensure the best education and equal oportunities for each people of country, no matter skin color, religion or anything. usa have some of the best universities in the world, some of those have more nobel prizes than many developed nations together, but, isnt there a lack of good public schools in poor regions of the big cities, what makes the gangs and drug dealers brings crime and violence ?

Jug check out the investment returns and the capital that the top Ivy league colleges make and then check how much they charge to attend. Its a disgrace.

Please don't bring slavery into this. Its an old issue that has been dealt with. Have you heard of the Chinese during the 1800s? They were considered even lower humans than blacks. How about the Irish in the mid 1800s? same thing. Parts of the US were founded by peoples trying to get away from persecution in another country. Do you hear anyone asking for compensation from England or Spain or any other country?

Education is important. But you proved my point with this...
thats why i believe the asian students have better notes. because their parents teach them discipline and the value of education pretty earlier.
Strong family values.

But about that education. Do you know about affirmative action? Or College Quotas? You can't just get into many colleges on merit anymore. It depends on your skin color, religion and sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back