Post models that aren't yours ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a selection of photos taken at the Midland Air Museum, which I'll post in two parts. The first two here are of a Bolivian airfield 'graveyard', where poor peasants live in the hulks of Dakotas. The display included printed details of the actual site, and explained that one hulk was burnt out when the 'occupants' lit a fire to keep warm during the cold nights! (These are for inspiration for Evan, and his planned scrap yard diorama.)
The remainder show the display by the Coventry branch of IPMS - various scales up to 1/16th scale. (the sub is 1/72nd scale, and over 3 feet long!).

Awesome diorama!

And 4th pic down, I see a TWA MD-80 next to a yellow airplane!

That appear to be a Fw 200 V-2 (had 2 bladed propellers). The tail marking looks like it's Swiss, but plane D-AETA was German. Also according to pics the port wing had "D-A" and the other had "ETA". I also cannot find it with the windows frames painted silver.

As it's displayed in Germany, I think what appears to be a Swiss cross is in fact a blanked out black swastika on a white ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back