Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah my favorite thread on the modeling forums! :lol:

Here's a selection of photos taken at the Midland Air Museum, which I'll post in two parts. The first two here are of a Bolivian airfield 'graveyard', where poor peasants live in the hulks of Dakotas. The display included printed details of the actual site, and explained that one hulk was burnt out when the 'occupants' lit a fire to keep warm during the cold nights! (These are for inspiration for Evan, and his planned scrap yard diorama.)
The remainder show the display by the Coventry branch of IPMS - various scales up to 1/16th scale. (the sub is 1/72nd scale, and over 3 feet long!).

Fantastic stuff. Love those DC-3 dioramas. :thumbleft:

KPaweł's paper model of La-5FN..... WWW.KONRADUS.COM - FORUM MODELARZY KARTONOWYCH - [Relacja/Galeria] ?a-5FN Modelik

930fbc0fc79cd951.jpg

38cec0cd9c81bfae.jpg

7abd5f132c5b4b14.jpg

39ef2c6244e111c4.jpg

44f9addb03c82d64.jpg

Saw that on a modelling magazine, and here on the forum, some time ago. It's a truly excellent model, but, for me, slightly spoiled by the exterior panel treatment, and the rather heavy weathering.
The rest,though, is just mind blowing !

Yep. I think I might have done it with some fuselage panels removed to view the interior, probably on the starboard side, with the rest as normal.
IF I get the forthcoming 1/24th scale Airfix Typhoon, it will be to build it with opened sections, to show the structure, on one side, with the opposite side 'normal'.
And yes, I know, that should probably read 'when', not 'if' !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back