Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Taken from Serbian modelling forum... This guy made Panther Ausf. G in 1/35th scale. It's a scratch build and main material is copper. Here's few finished shots and a link to more finished shots...

Bakarani Panther Ausf.G 1/35

Attachments

• DSCF3593.jpg
    DSCF3593.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF3628EEEEEEEEEE.jpg
    DSCF3628EEEEEEEEEE.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 84
  • D6.jpg
    D6.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 90
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 115
Here's a few shots of work in progress and link to entire work in progress. Be sure to check the link, all text and comments are in Serbian language, but I believe that pictures speak more-less for themselves.

Bakarni Panther

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1679.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 98
This guy does amazing wotk with airliners using bare metal foil!

American Airlines DC-10 AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Revell American Airlines McDonnell Douglas DC-10-10

Eastern Airlines 727 AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Airfix Eastern Airlines Boeing 727-200

American Airlines MD-80 AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Airfix American Airlines Boeing 727-200

My Favorite, American Airlines MD-80: AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Minicraft American Airlines McDonnell Douglas MD-80

Different guy, but he does pretty amazing airliners, too. I love this guy's flap work. check out this Ethiopian 777 AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Minicraft Ethiopian Airways Boeing 777-200

I'm also loving this Southwest 737 AIRLINERCAFE.COM - DACO Southwest Boeing 737-700

and a BEAUTIFULLY done United DC-6B: AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Minicraft United Douglas DC-6B

WONDERFUL flap work on this United 747-200! and nice perspective, too :D AIRLINERCAFE.COM - Hasegawa United Boeing 747-200

I'm always impressed by true model engineering, and the Panther is really excellent. Wonder why 1/35th scale though, with a number of good kits around? I thought he'd maybe want a larger scale, to be truly unique. But, it's his model, so he can do what he wants, and he's really made a superb job of it!
Some nice work, especially in 1/144th scale, on those airliners. Still puzzles me which clear windows aren't used, rather than decals.

I think for one Terry I would definitely not want to have to mask off all those windows and two the decals colors and translucency is quite good.

Good point Kevin - but many airliners have the cheat lines across the length of the windows, and these are provided as decals, so it could be done by masking the line of the decal, and applying the decal to bare plastic. I know it's fiddly, as I've done it, but worth it, as I think 'solid' windows, printed on the decals, spoil an otherwise good model, and more so on the flight deck windows. However, if the only decals available have windows printed on them, fair enough. But those flight deck windows could still be clear ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back