Post your guitar (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been attempting guitar since I was about 12...started with my dads ES-125...cool thread, nice to see other interests out there other than airplanes :)

DSC_3151.jpg

Collection.jpg

This is a Les Paul Traditional I added a Bigsby...I also made the pick guard. When I worked at Warbird Adventures we were doing some sheet metal repairs. I made the pick guard to practice cutting metal on the band saw.

DSC_7326.jpg

Last year I snuck away and went to the old Gibson factory in Kalamazoo
DSC_2715_zpsahh28yu2.jpg

Been wanting a Gibson Es-335 style guitar for a while now, but beng a lefty they are hard to come by and pretty expensive, plus the fact from all accounts Gibson quality has suffered in recent years.
Came across this used D'Angelico Excel DC and bought it. On-line purchase so do not have it in my hands yet. Probably not quite as yellow as the pictures show as it is a "Natural finish" and I'm not fully sold on the headstock look, but lefties have to settle sometimes.

D'angelico 1.jpg D'angelico 2.jpg

I don't buy that many guitars. Usually I have enough with Les Paul and a Telecaster. But I wanted something that is portable. To take with me on a business trip. So I bought a Steinberger, a relatively cheap guitar that is small, but still a full blown guitar. Had it for two days now but I'm amazed at the quality. I have a hard time putting it down. Here is is. It's the black one because that was the cheapest.
6EF49BB6-2CF0-4609-9915-6A85014CC185.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back