Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been looking at these models, and they are awesome works, guys. Good to know so many others into the hobby. I'll post my favorite in my collection, just for the fun of it. 1/48 Heinkel He-219 UHU.

Attachments

• he-219-20001.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 92
  • he-219-30001.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 81
  • he-2190001_1.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 82
I agree, nice looking Uhu! I've got one as well and as you know, I have 4, F-O-U-R PBY Catalina in 1/48...! If I have storage problem with those now, just wait until their built....they are fricking H-U-G-E!

If I have storage problem with those now, just wait until their built....they are fricking H-U-G-E!

Yeah, I bet the PBYs are big. I'd love to get one some time. I wish someone would make the B-36 in 1/48. It makes the B-29 look tiny. I still have the B-24, C-47, Fw-200, and the Do-177 to build. The B-17, and the Avro Lancaster were gigantic, too.

Your right mandoman, my B17 is taking up an entire corner shelf, and now I'm about to start on a B26, I haven't a clue where to put it. Time to cut some wood, I think.

I've been looking at the 1/48 Lancaster too (later moldings)...but the prices has scared me off....

Yeah, I know what you mean, the dang things are expensive. I just kept watching eBay, for like half a year, until I saw one that no one seemed to be interested in, and pounced on it. There were like two others listed at the same time, both newer, so I don't think many watchers had paid much attention to the oldy I got, but man is it ever a nice model. Paid about $50 for it, I think. Wasn't nearly as much as new.

Last one I saw, a week or so ago, was £110.
I bought the original Tamiya Lanc BI/BIII to build for an ex-Lanc pilot about 28 years ago, and I think it was about £15 then. (Roughly $30 in todays money)
It looks like the 1/48th Halifax is better value, or the forthcoming 1/24th scale Airfix Mosquito.....wow! A Mossie in that scale!

Where are you gonna put it! I mean, it's a fair size in 1/48 already....!8)

I'm with Wayne.I have been making them for the same reason.. These 1/72 scale fighters need less room than the 1/48 ones.

I'm with Wayne.I have been making them for the same reason.. These 1/72 scale fighters need less room than the 1/48 ones.

I don't think I could build those tiny little 1/72 fighters. Shoot, I struggle enough with the 1/48 fighters. Maybe 1/72 bombers....but I already have a whole pile of the 1/48 bombers, and a whole basement shop in which to put them. Sound kind of smug, don't I?

Users who are viewing this thread