Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Originally posated by Mandoman
I don't think I could build those tiny little 1/72 fighters. Shoot, I struggle enough with the 1/48 fighters. Maybe 1/72 bombers....but I already have a whole pile of the 1/48 bombers, and a whole basement shop in which to put them. Sound kind of smug, don't I?

You don't sound like a smug to me you sound bloody lucky mate!

I mostly build 1/72 for 2 reasons , size and cost

Man a 1/24 mosquito! what a model that'l be

The problem of space for our models was discussing here on the forume many times.It is always a problem for modellers where their collections can be kept.Some of you guys are lucky men because you can keep them in garages or quite rooms having own houses.But what can be done by these who don't have the possibility.Threfore I agree with 109ROAMING .

Even though I like to build my 1/48 I still have a selection of 1/72....more of those little 1/144 nasties!:shock: and a few more 1/32 still to do, like the variation of size for a change now and then....:D

You don't sound like a smug to me you sound bloody lucky mate!

I mostly build 1/72 for 2 reasons , size and cost

Man a 1/24 mosquito! what a model that'l be

Yeah, thanks, I didn't mean to sound smug. I started building 1/48 because I can't see worth @#^$, and I had the room to keep them. It's a darn good thing, since I don't think I could build some of those tiny 1/72 fighters, and that would be a real bummer.
I'll probably be building 1/24 in about 10 years. :lol: :cry:

Looks like we all have the same ideas and problems, both storage and building. I sometimes do 1/72nd, especially multi-engine if it's a diorama. Reason; size mainly, cost and more accessories such as vehicles/buildings/figures available.
Of course, the bigger the scale, the more detailing is required, and, like a lot of us, I'm not getting any younger, which means that eyesight and dexterity suffer, especially the latter in my case, having that horrible arthritis for the last ten years. I've just realised, Wayne's '109, don't tell me that's 1/48th? If it is, I'm giving up modelling!!!

Originally posted by Wayne Little
Even though I like to build my 1/48 I still have a selection of 1/72....more of those little 1/144 nasties! and a few more 1/32 still to do, like the variation of size for a change now and then....

Yeah I know what you mean by variation I've got 2 1/48 Me-109K-4's under comstruction plus a 1/72 Lanc(very slowly) , P-38 and Me-109G-6

When I started modelling I thought I'd only ever do 1/72 but that all changed , right now I'm looking at getting some 1/32 fighters couple 109's maybe

"I've just realised, Wayne's '109, don't tell me that's 1/48th? If it is, I'm giving up modelling!!!"

Actually, I think it is 1/32.

yes it is 1/32.....here this will scare ya!:shock:

Attachments

• EII-137_In hand_9597a.JPG
    EII-137_In hand_9597a.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
Originally posted by Wayne Little
yes it is 1/32.....here this will scare ya!

Yep I'm scared!

For the k-4's haven't decided , for one of them the second one on this sheet is looking pretty sweet

or this for the second

any suggestions? ,I only started them the other day so haven't at all made up my mind

Mando, I'm with ya. I can't see 1/72 so I tend to go 1/48 or larger unless its a bomber or something.

BTW thats Wayne's little project in 1/144. I want whatever he drinks! man, that stuff is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back