Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wurger! Also, any hints for the Dauntless? I'm not doing a cannon model, I'm kinda just making it up as I go.

You'r welcome:D

Concerning the Dauntless, it's up to you only how the model can be made.It is a Testors model isn't it?. I think if you put all parts and details together clean and you paint the bird nicely it will be looking good.However looking on the colour you applied it seems to be a bit dark.Possible it is a camera fault.
Here you are two colour sets for early and later SBD camo patterns.I included a profile and a pic that present the late tri-colour camo.

Early camo 1. ANA 603 Non specular Blue Gry FS35189
2. ANA 602 Non specularLight Grey FS36440

Late camo 1. ANA 607 Non specular Sea Blue FS35042/
ANA 606 Semi gloss Sea Blue FS25042
2. ANA 608 Non specular Intermediate Blue FS35164
3. ANA601 Non specular Insignia White FS37875

Attachments

• SBD-5 Dauntless.jpg
    SBD-5 Dauntless.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 91
  • SBD Dauntless.jpg
    SBD Dauntless.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 93
Concerning the Dauntless, it's up to you only how the model can be made.It is a Testors model isn't it?. I think if you put all parts and details together clean and you paint the bird nicely it will be looking good.However looking on the colour you applied it seems to be a bit dark.Possible it is a camera fault.
Here you are two colour sets for early and later SBD camo patterns.I included a profile and a pic that present the late tri-colour camo.

Problem is that that isn't far off from how dark it is....I even thinned the pain, and that came with a "Naval Paint scheme package". Oh well, I'll just pretend that the shop person who was painting the plane mixed up the paints for a Corsair and a Dauntless.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back