Post Your Models! (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

right then, for my ease i'll post most of these in groups...........

rirst off, here's my avenger which i rather like, she's up for sale if anyone's interested

Attachments

• model_pictures_009_142.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 395
  • model_pictures_011_614.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 399
I like it The painting is nice (airbrush or brush?). But I'm wondering -shouldn't the interior be coloured in a kind of yellow-olive?

P.S. Pics could be a bit better

CC said:
You finally stuck the engine on then

nope it's just been placed on, as has the canopy

toffigd said:
airbrush or brush

brush.........

shouldn't the interior be coloured in a kind of yellow-olive

i dunno, i didn't research the model i just guessed

CC said:
when taking close pics put the macro on

i have no bloody idea what that is

so who's gonna buy it off me

and for my next trick, this's what i was rather proud of, the grass effect mat i've put on a couple of me shelves, i think it looks great i recommend it! and i know these models suck they were the first ones i did apart from the lizzie you can see in one, and all these models are up for grabs too

Attachments

• model_pictures_006_145.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 362
  • model_pictures_008_186.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 364
and for my final trick, this is my beater, and i've given it quite a beating in the last week although i wanted to get your opinion on the sreaks behind the outboard engine, i was trying to create the effect in the pic of the lanc below, in inner streak has chalk on it to try and create the lead effect and the outer doesn't, what do you think? sorry for the poor picture quality, and you can't see in these shots but no the other side of the nose is my own attept at a lanc with a shark's mouth

Attachments

• mk.iii_of-o__pb156__of_97__straits_settlements__sqd_in_july-august_1944._946.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 339
  • model_pictures_001_182.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 349
  • model_pictures_003_160.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 348
  • model_pictures_004_203.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 357
  • model_pictures_005_168.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 352
Very nice TFB, Lanc!

To be honest, models on the other pix (excpet the few ones, like Lysander, Me 109, etc...) are horribly painted. My advice is: USE THE DAMN AIRBRUSH MAN!.
I use the cheapest one from Revell and those years abck, it costed me some 800 Czech Crowns....

Now it officialy is available for £13.99.
It's 500% nicer effect with it, plus it saves about 250% more color then if you use the brushes.

Macro is a function on your camera, when you take pix in a very close distance (often used for very small objects, like ants, flowers, etc..)
It usually has this button:

Hope this helps mate

thanks for the advice with the macro.........

and i know most of them models suck, they were the first ones i did!! which includes the -109 but thanks anyway the lizzie is the last one, hence why it looks better, and i have started using a black hubrol spray can for larger bits on some models and i think it looks great, i'll try and get more shots sometime but that's for the comments.........

and i have no idea what you mean about sqeezing the smoke too much, i painted it on.......

yes i will get more pictures later now i know how to use the macro i'm very pleased with it..........

and yes trakkie i've been developing the dust effect for months now..............

Well I just used a Czech word....... I mean, don't push the hair of the brush too much while stroking. And don't do it just after wetting the brush with color, but first rub it a few times over the paper until the tracers on the paper are looking unwatered. Just then apply the smoke tracers.

Oh, now I relaised you use chalks... Never mind.

right- now i've learned to use the Macro, here's my most recent model, my lizzie!

Attachments

• model_pictures_014_131.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 305
  • model_pictures_015_330.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 304
  • model_pictures_016_584.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 302
  • model_pictures_019_119.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 312

Users who are viewing this thread