Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice display mate. Is the rifle a 1:1 kit too, or the real thing? If it's a model, then you've done a good job on the metal finish - looks real.

Nice display mate. Is the rifle a 1:1 kit too, or the real thing? If it's a model, then you've done a good job on the metal finish - looks real.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

The M-14 is a Dragon 1/3 scale model. It was a fun kit. Built staight out of the box and I painted the metal hardware with Tamiya Gun Metal paint. The charging handle works and the box magazine is removable.

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9127.jpg

Here is a picture of the 1/3 scale model with my WE-Tech gas blow back airsoft M-14.

IMG_2806.jpg

Very nice, and nicely done too ! Years ago, i had a 1:1 scale plastic kit (I think LS Gun Kits) of a MP40, and an M16A1, which I built and hung on the wall. They looked the real deal, until handled of course !

Too true ! Me and my mates use to play with Sten guns made from a length of broom handle and a stick for a magazine. They were real to us of course !!

Play airsoft. You can shoot each other with those? Interesting. Not something I would condone with my kids. I was under the impression that though not lethal they hurt and could put an eye out. Man I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

I've got an electronic M16 airsoft thingy, bought for lecturing purposes, rather than use the real thing. My mate fired it at his Shogun, and it chipped the windscreen ! Although not lethal, some of them do hurt on impact, and I could easily see eye injuries happening. I believe though that, as with 'paint ball', the contestants wear goggles or full-face masks.

I've got an electronic M16 airsoft thingy, bought for lecturing purposes, rather than use the real thing. My mate fired it at his Shogun, and it chipped the windscreen ! Although not lethal, some of them do hurt on impact, and I could easily see eye injuries happening. I believe though that, as with 'paint ball', the contestants wear goggles or full-face masks.

Bingo! Whenever I or anyone airsoft you should always wear goggles as they can take an eye out. As for the "hurt" aspect, its really not that bad. It forms a small welt that goes away after a few minutes and just stings for a few seconds....you get used to it pretty quick. Oh and did I mention its a ton of fun! Paintball however hurts a lot more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back