Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you loiner it was my second kit built model since i was a kid and my first airbrush
The F-105 is an OLD monogram kit, it was the only kit i could find of the old thunderchief in 1/48 scale. had all the parts and they were in good shape except for the decals which had dried out and refused to stick once they had dried on the model. going to try an overcoat of flat clear over the entire model to blend them in better
the rest are Franklin Mint which are what got me started

Here's a couple of older models I've just got to dust. Both are 1/72 scale. Curtiss XP-35 Ascender and Mcdonnel XP-67 Moonbat. The XP-35 is. I think, an MPM kit and the Xp-67 is an old Czechmastters resin kit.
Ed

Nice ones Ed
Some of my favorite subjects, I have an XP-67 waiting to be made but it's a vacform kit
Like your work :D

wayne, you should see the 1/48 B-29 i'm working on. all my aircraft are in 1/48 and my tank collection is 1/32 except for one Tiger I which i did in 1/16

Had me one of them B-29's for some time...never got around to finishing it....and hadn't a clue where I was going to put it if I did finish it!! Af riend wanted one so I traded him for something smaller!!:D

Switcha, well now that you have given me a clue as to how i'm going to display that interior i'm going to have to re-do some interior features and like WayneL next question is where am i going to put it. the boss has already vetoed the mantle, seems she prefers all those silly pictures. i have some very large cabinets where everything else is displayed but the finished B-29 won't fit, so....

Ohh I feel your pain Mike.
I gave mine away to a friend who had a very large office. It lived there for a many years some toddlers found it one day. Alas the damage was too great so I swapped it for something smaller better built.

Have you thought of not putting the wings on at all and just having them beside the model. A couple of wooden cradles will hold the fuselage nicely and the wings rest on the trailing edge without the props touching. That way you might be able to store it in a display cabinet with the wings behind it.:p

Back again Mike, Just going through the last page and found your 105 Thud. Nice job BTW. To stop the silvering of your decals ( air under them after they have dried) spray your finished model with a gloss clear coat, the decals stick to the smooth surface better than a rough flat paint job. Then once you 've decaled spray a semi gloss or flat clear coat over the model. This gives you the desired finish and also makes the decals seem part of your paint job. Word of warning, keep your canopies masked until the very last coat as semi gloss flat coats make canopies fuzzy to look through. For a cheap alternative do a search on the forums for future floor polish, easily available in the U.S. and works well from the results I've seen.
Cheers Again, Switch

Found the best link to what I was talking about for you The Complete Future

Last edited:
Switcha, the size problem was one reason i thought about making 1/2 a model. was going to build the left side, just not attach it at the fuselage. that way the entire interior would be visable and i could do as you suggested, blocks to hold the fuselage and the wing wheels on the other. i'm also considering hanging the plane from the ceiling with monfiliment line. your cut-out will hold and i can display the entire model
problem with the decals (i think) was that they were very old and the adhesive part was almost gone. i'm going to try a flat clear over the entire model and see if that cures the decal problem.
And just as an aside, the Diggers were some of the best troops in Vietnam. I have one of their folded brim hats prodly on display, cost me a 5th of jack in Da Nang. Thought you might enjoy:
1. The Diggers come to China Beach
2. The best thing about the Aussies, they brought WOMEN (hard to think she's about 70 now)

Attachments

• aussieweretherechinabRS.jpg
    aussieweretherechinabRS.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 123
  • chinabeachnurseRS.jpg
    chinabeachnurseRS.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 127
I'm not sure if they have a good time, especially if there are black spots wafting around. :laughing6:

Here's my new Sopwith Camel in 1:48th (Revell kit). A bit of discussion on the build was given on the 'Building Questions' thread.

Attachments

• Camel 6.JPG
    Camel 6.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Camel 7.JPG
    Camel 7.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back