Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The NMF on that second Mustang looks fantastic Terry.! Hard to beleave its brush painted!.. Every time I tried to brush paint silver it looked like cr@p! That's why I gave it up around 30 years ago when I discovered Testors silver in a spray can.

Terry, I seem to recall a thread on this topic but I've switched to tungsten putty to weight my nose gear. it is almost twice the density of lead. You can also buy solid tungsten weights. The putty is about $8 USD per ounce around here

Finished my F/A-18F Super Hornet of VFA-102 "Diamondbacks" last night! Still have to add the FLIR pod, as I forgot to paint it when I sprayed the rest, but I have an F-14 and A-16 in that colour so it will be done soonish. Also may add ordnance at a later date. I was hoping the last photo would capture the subtle pre-shading I did but it seems you can only see it in person! Not completely happy with the fit I got on the nose, but otherwise I'm pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread