Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done Steve. I agree, it's a nice kit, just a shame it' been modelled on a preserved, airworthy ("up-dated") example, hence the errors and omissions. Fortunately, I have some spare wheels, windscreen, and prop for when I get around to doing mine.

Yes indeed. I forgot to mention removing some strange lozenge shaped 'strengthening plates' over and under the main spar on both wings which must be something to do with that. I filed them off and re-scribed one panel line...simples.

I also forgot to mention that the voltage regulator (behind the pilot's head) is wrong for a Mk 1. I simply scratch built the circular box seen on early Spitfires. I fitted a Sutton harness (RB Productions) to my pilot (PJ productions) from whom I removed the molded on oxygen hose, fitting one of my own going to the correct place on the starboard cockpit wall, likewise the R/T wires from his headphones going to the connector beside his seat on the same side. I also fitted the steel wire ropes from the Sutton harness running over a spacer in the frame back into the fuselage and the wire which stopped the harness pulling through and falling behind the seat.
I only have one rather bad in progress shot to show all this internal detail which is lost in the finished model anyway

One of the reasons I enjoy building in a larger scale is that I can manage details like this. I admire those who do it in smaller scales but it's not for me!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Eduard's Bf 109 E-1 completed as one of 6./JG 26's pre-war machines. The white markings are probably recognition markings, applied for the Army/Luftwaffe exercises carried out in the summer of 1939.

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread