Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, I finally finished the Grumman. Due to my density, it took two separate kits to put this together, but I think it worked. I pulled one of my presto-zappo stunts by loosing the starboard side "US Marines" decal, just before I was going to put it on. I mean, it was there, and then it wasn't. I'm still looking for it. But onward. Here are some pics.

Grumman-F7F-3d.JPG

Grumman-F7F-3e.JPG

Grumman-F7F-3f.JPG

Grumman-F7F-3g.JPG

Grumman-F7F-3h.JPG

Grumman-F7F-3i.JPG

A friendly warning to all who would build this kit. Don't waste time with the landing gear that comes with the kit, just go and get the after market led versions. The originals are just too wimpy to hold this thing up. I tried adding weight to the nose, so it wouldn't need a prop to hold it up on it's front tri-landing gear, but I couldn't seem to get enough in to make it work. That is weird, as I usually figure out a way. Oh well, fits my model building skills. 8)

Nice looking Tigercat, good advice on the undercart but shame about the tail heavy problem though and that is some scalextric track you have in the background.

Been a while since I've completed anything so I'm relieved to have finally got the 1/32 F4U-1D 'Corsair' from Trumpeter done. I know b*gger all about Corsairs, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the kit but it goes together nicely. The wing fold could do with a bit of reinforcement, mine is OOB and quite fragile.

One from VF-84 aboard the USS Bunker Hill in early 1945. It was flown by Lt. Cdr. Roger R Hedrick, according to the instructions.

prq_zps4a875fcd.gif

sbd_zps5a2c3620.gif

fsq_zps3cc70924.gif

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Nice looking Tigercat, good advice on the undercart but shame about the tail heavy problem though and that is some scalextric track you have in the background.

I have GOT to watch what my e-mail provider screens out more carefully. I didn't know anyone had even responded to my Tigercat post, until I got notice about the Wildcat post. Yeah, that tail is a bit heavy. I figured out a way to make it look free standing, by having two airfield mechanics in the back, one standing nearly benieth the tail, with the tail actually resting on one of the little dude's shoulders. He looks like he is discussing something with the other field mechanic.

Man, that is one hot looking aircraft. Very nice job, Steve. :)

Oh, it's a Tomy track. I like 1/32 scale, and do have a small 1/32 Scalextric oval, but HO has been my main scale since youth.

Forgot to say I based the look of the thing on this, though it's not quite the same aircraft.

F4U-1DCorsairaircraft_zps507550ad.gif

top_zpsc3903931.gif

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back