Post Your Models! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, as the guys said, good job mate!
I don't know if you detailed the interior, but Falcon do a vacform canopy/ turret set for the Airfix and Matchbox kits if you want to change the Airfix transparencies.

Looking forward to seeing that OTHER Halifax of yours!

No it shouldn't. All RAF Halifax bombres took part in night missions mostly.So their underwing surfaces and fuselage sides were painted with RDM2 or Special Night colours,sometimes a whole bomber was painted black.RAF roundels were painted on upper surfaces of wings only.On black painted fuselage sides , roundels had outer yellow rings,Markings of a squadron and an individual letter of a plane were initially Light Grey, later these were Dark Red.Fin Fleshes on both sides of fins were painted very close to leading edges,firstly the white strip was wide but later it was narrow.

As i say to another topic of our forum i am a regular WWI model builder but i have made some WWII aeroplanes, here is my first 1/48 model and i have made it in 1993.
It is a Tamiya Zero and it is straight from the box.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/dimis_2006/crushzero025-1.jpg

crushzero021-1.jpg

crushzero085.jpg

crushzero067.jpg

crushzero055.jpg

crushzero039.jpg

crushzero033.jpg

crushzero096.jpg

Nice Zero, Dimitrios!

Wojtec, what is that RDM2 colour you mentioned, and the special night colours?

I've seen somewhere too photos of circa 1939/40 RAF aircraft with thin yellow outlined roundels over black painted undersides - mostly fighters with their black/white scheme, but if I remember right some Hampdens and maybe Blenheims too (?)

Wojtec, what is that RDM2 colour you mentioned, and the special night colours?

:oops: Ah sorry friend, it was a bit late and I was tired when I was writting the post.Therefore the sentence is a bit inaccurate.It should have been "So their underwing surfaces and fuselage sides were painted with a colour called RDM2 or Special Night".Sorry again.:oops:

But let's back to the RDM2 or Special Night paint. 04.09.1940 Bomber Command introduced a new pattern for all bombers that were used as night bombers.The camo pattern was called Special Night Finish - SNF.Upper surfaces were painted like it was ordered on April the 1st 1937 (Dark Earth/Dark Green) but for underside painting the RDM2 ( Special Night) colour was brought in.This camo pattern was used up to 16.04.1946.In addition Fighter Command started using the paint from 22.05.194 for a Night Figter camo.
The RDM2 paint was a mixture of some "ingredients" which gave very,very deep matt black colour which could absorb light in some way.
Another feature of the paint was its effect on aircraft performances, especially on speed which decreased because of the matt and well very ragged surface.Therefore the Fighter Command stopped using the paint 01.10.1942.

Night Black (RDM2 ) FS 37038 , Humbrol33, Gunze H2, Pactra A1, Testors 1749, Xracolor X404, Lifecolor LC02.

I've seen somewhere too photos of circa 1939/40 RAF aircraft with thin yellow outlined roundels over black painted undersides - mostly fighters with their black/white scheme, but if I remember right some Hampdens and maybe Blenheims too (?)

Look at the RAF camo thread,please, you will find much info on it there,I think.
Besides I've posted some infos on it at the GreyWolf's thread about his arts.Try to find this one please.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back