Prince Heinrich Alexander Ludwig Peter zu Sayn-Wittgenstein

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As far as I can see, Erich is right al the way. The 'basic' colour was the 76/75, with some JU's being black over the dark green, greys over the green, and the earlier overall black. I'll see what I have on 110's and JU's, possibly in colour, and post them together with the SN2/Fug212/Fug202 etc pics. I've had no electricity here for the past 17 hours or so, due to a power failure. Been sitting in the cold and dark all day, without getting any work done, so I'm a bit behind! Will post the stuff asap though.

Lucky if you are interested I have just sent off a private note to my Dutch research friend about Baake's He 219 and what the codes were

Erich ~

yes each NJG had the Englandblitz in a different form on the shield, but worn only and generally in the early war years. I./NJG 1 and even NJGr 10 which had some He 219's had the small version of the blitz shield and then they were removed.

Personally I would not get that book but save to get the latest two volumes NJWD, but if you want more of the English accounts of the night air war then the Martin B./Theo B. book will fit the need

Hi Erich-

Sorry for being a bit late to the discussion. This discussion reminded me my library is lacking somewhat in quality Luftwaffe nightfighter references and I am intrigued by your recommendation of "NJWD". I'm not sure what these are, could I ask you to list the full name of the volumes and any other pertinent information? My main nightfighter reference is Peter Hinchliffe's The Other Battle and his biographies on Schnaufer and Lent. I still think The Other Battle is a quality reference, but my library could use more good stuff on nightfighting in WWII Europe.

Thanks!

PG

Hi Erich-

Sorry for being a bit late to the discussion. This discussion reminded me my library is lacking somewhat in quality Luftwaffe nightfighter references and I am intrigued by your recommendation of "NJWD". I'm not sure what these are, could I ask you to list the full name of the volumes and any other pertinent information? My main nightfighter reference is Peter Hinchliffe's The Other Battle and his biographies on Schnaufer and Lent. I still think The Other Battle is a quality reference, but my library could use more good stuff on nightfighting in WWII Europe.

Thanks!

PG

Erich-

After I posted my note above, I found the forums discussing the Nachtjagd War Diaries. I actually found Vol 2 advertised as new on Amazon.com from one of its booksellers and ordered it. I couldn't find Vol 1. I'm also in touch with a bookseller in the western US I know; he claims that he knows of a US distributor for the books. I won't believe it until I see them though!

PG

all I can say is good luck, I have the first volume but the second one is ............. ? in cyberspostal space.

E ~

Sorry to hear that Erich. Were both volumes shipped at the same time? Maybe your lost Vol 2 landed at the bin of the bookseller I ordered it from! :)

Seriously, will your bookseller take responsibility if Vol 2 never arrives? I'll bet you'll either get it or your bookseller will tell you in a week it was returned by mistake.

PG

yes both shipped same date from what I understand. r. kite pubs have till the 6th of the month then they will send another volume 2 hopefully asap !

Has anyone ever seen a pic or profile of the Ju 88G C9+AR (W.Nr.623211), that Hauptmann Hopf escaped to Switzerland in, on 30 April '45, together with his wife, their 6-year old daughter, Oberleutnant Dressler, Oberleutnant Ehrhardt and his wife?

Jan:

a couple of things, guess I am being ignored about the NJG 1 info on Baake sadly

yes I have full details on Hopf and his varied crew plus a good friend (since passed) gave me his version of their escape to Switzerland while he and his staffel kameraden stayed and surrenedered to the Soviets who beat the crap out of all of them upon surrender. anyway what are you looking exactly for anyway about the G-6 with FuG 217 radar and the ground attack scheme painted on it - side light after landing the Swiss repainted the codes white for photographic purposes. Incidently crewman Erhardt was a prominent ace with at least 25 kills in Ju 88G's in III./ NJG 5 and was also stationed briefly in 10./NJG 11 flying single engine 262's where he scored 1 kill and then back his to staffel with Ju 88G-6's to finish the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back