Queen vs Led Zep (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Had a conversation with a pal of mine today and he was comparing Queen's albums against Led zeppelin's. And his contention was that Queen won witha better quality output of albums. When we wnet through irt I had to admit he might have been right.

Queen I vs Led Zeppelin I = Equal. Both trying to find their musical legs.

Queen II vs Led Zeppelin II = LZ winner. Much better album

Sheer Heart Attack vs Led Zeppelin III = Queen winner

Night At the Opera vs Led Zeppelin IV = Equal. Pinnacle album of both

Day at the Races vs House of the Holy = Queen winner

News of the World vs Physical Graffitti = LZ winner

Jazz vs Prsence = Queen winner

The Game vs In Through the Out Door = Queen winner

Have to admit that LZ kinda got beat. Any thoughts?

:lol:

never owned a Queen album in my life...couldn't stand the front man and the guitarist had a ridiculous haircut and went out with a sad soap star...
'Presence' was a magnificent album - Achilles Last Stand the best LZ track ever..

Well overall I prefer Queens music, I think that Queen was one of the best rock bands ever and I love there music but I have to say that Led Zeppelin is also raised to legendary god status in my eyes and influenced so many bands that I would rank Led Zeppelin higher than Queen.

Queen had more range. They tried more stuff, had a greater variety of sound. Developed better too. Thought "Bicycle Races" was a good album. Thought a bunch of bands were better than LZ (ELO, Pink Floyd) but they did hit the nail on the head now and again.

Both Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury had a helluva voice.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Zephead through and through. It just surprised me when we discussed comparing albums I had to concede his point somewhat.

I love Queen. "Prophet Song" is just pure genius.

But personal taste still flows through Bron-Y-ur.

queen all the way esepcially on a live performance. Zep only redeeming quality was their singer. J. page was not that hot of a guitarist that everyone seems to think

Seen Queen Live some years ago pure entertainment with some great songs
Leds Albums where great but they never held a crowd like Queen
**** they even had guys in an amc colt headbanging

LZ sucked onstage

Jimmy Page was a sloppy guitar player

Plant hardly hit the notes through most of his career.

But DAMN did they write and produce some great songs!

I have to agree on a Queen performance. Queen led by Freddie Mercury was amazing and he had a great stage persona.

Don't get me wrong. I love Queen and think they were all in all a much more musically talented band. But Freddie on Stage? That buck toothed fag was and is hard to watch man.

But I can't compare the two bands. Both were trend setters. But Queen just had that... timeless quality to their music.

Don't get me wrong. I love Queen and think they were all in all a much more musically talented band. But Freddie on Stage? That buck toothed fag was and is hard to watch man.

But I can't compare the two bands. Both were trend setters. But Queen just had that... timeless quality to their music.

I dont give a damn if he was a fag or not. He could sing and he was a good front man. Eneogh said...

:lol:

No man. On this we disagree. Freddie was tough to look at while performing. Disturbing actually. I much prefer to just listen.

Like Elton John or Little Richard... but disturbingly worse.

:lol: Little Richard is in a Geico Insurance commercial now. My youngest, 7, says to me, "What is wrong with the man?"

No man. On this we disagree. Freddie was tough to look at while performing. Disturbing actually. I much prefer to just listen.

Like Elton John or Little Richard... but disturbingly worse.
I agree with u Matt... I saw Queen once and I never went and saw them again... Freddy was too much, all drag queened up and pracing around like he had a 2 foot dildo up his ass.... I really enjoyed their music up until I saw them in concert....

Gay ass Freddy was NOT my cup o tea, back in the day....

BUT.....

I do think his voice is one of the greatest that has ever been, and Queens music still kicks ass, but Freddy in person was ugh.......

Freddie might not have been everyone's cup of tea, but boy could the man sing! Surely one of the greatest front men that has ever lived. IMO Queen is one, if not the greatest band ever, so many styles, so many great songs not to mention their live performances.

How many stage or film perfomers aint bent as a nine bob note.
I think old Liberance must be about the biggest woolie woofter I have ever seen on stage and the old girls used to go all gooey over him, he could bang out a tune on the Joe Anna though. As long as Iv'e got an ochestra pit and a row of foot lights between me and the bum bandits I'm OK with Iron's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back