Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you saw the condition of the fencing on my 3.5 acres (including where a neighbor has encroached about 15 feet onto my property), you'd need more than a few.

I was going to do a vinyl fence, but then I discovered that everyone in the area with a vinyl fence has theirs blown down with the straight line winds we get here in the Midwest, whereas the wooded fences are left standing. So I went with ground contact severe weather rated pressure treated wood.

I fortunately (and unfortunately) do not have 3.5 acres. Fortunately my propert backs up to 100+ acres of forest and fields. So I get the view, and the deer and turkeys without paying for the property taxes.

Next up the water softener system, small deck, 5 fruit trees, and wood burning stove. Next year comes the basement finish (new office/war room, guest apartment with another wood burning stove, family room with bar, bathroom/shower, sauna, and cellar), and outdoor stone patio and kitchen.

Ah, the joys of being a home owner. I just wish my bank account liked it too…

Users who are viewing this thread