Quotes and Jokes (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RAAF Amberley was where this occurred and yes, there are crossways between the two airstrip which may have caused the aircraft to crack up.

A hard surface would cause more drag than grass, plus the airstrip were.equipped with arresting cables (much like an aircraft carrier) and the F-111 used it to slow it's landing speed before setting down.

Go back to the first of three photos and zoom in on the F-111's underside beneath the tail and you'll see that it's captured the cable.

Also grass is uneven and can get into things like gear doors and pull them open and if that happens on one side only the aircraft will swerve violently with unpredictable results - especially at high speed where the aircraft could cartwheel.

It is fairly usual to coat the runway with foam to reduce the fire risk tho it does extend the distance the aircraft travels. Was on an aircraft that landed at Namao airbase in Alberta that way in the 60s. Quite "exciting" as our cargo was an oil drilling head and we were worried it would break free and come visit us in the front of the cabin.

8156316114790489068_n.jpg

So you think I don't get that the joke was that it was a COVID test but obviously the comments led to someone thinking it was a pregnancy test? Really? It was pretty obvious from the start.

The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it is safe to cross the street.
Crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker, she asked if knew what the beeper was for.
I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
"What on earth are blind people doing driving?"

When my wife and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after service, we were told the keys had been locked inside. When we went to the service department, we found a mechanic working in a panic to unlock the driver's door.
As I watched from the passenger side, I tried the doo handle and found it unlocked.
I said, "Hey, It's open!"
"I know. I already did that side."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back