Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The aircraft, A8-143, was not returned to service.
The USAF had an agreement with the RAAF to replace any F-111's they lost. And with all the USAF 111's in the boneyard since the early 90's, fixing that one would be pointless. The FB-111A alias F-111G, has the longer wings of the Aussie model.

When I was at Tinker AFB they brought in an A-7D that made a belly landing. At an A-7 base, pilot who was assigned to watch for aircraft on final with the gear up had leave to handle a student when his replacement did not show up on time. The replacement arrived to see an A-7D on short final with the gear up. The control tower saw the airplane, too, as did another pilot in an A-7. They all hit the mike at the same time; the pilot of the landing A-7D heard them say his gear was up just as the scraping started. He hit the gear button and the gear came down and hit the runway. Rather that popping the airplane up on the wheels that resulted in the entire hydraulic system being wiped out. They worked on that airplane at the ALC for years and I don't know if they ever got it fixed.

Posting this on FB, I'd most likely be called up to HR within 5 minutes! 🤨🤔😉😆😂

IMG_20230330_043916.jpg

The USAF had an agreement with the RAAF to replace any F-111's they lost. And with all the USAF 111's in the boneyard since the early 90's, fixing that one would be pointless. The FB-111A alias F-111G, has the longer wings of the Aussie model.

When I was at Tinker AFB they brought in an A-7D that made a belly landing. At an A-7 base, pilot who was assigned to watch for aircraft on final with the gear up had leave to handle a student when his replacement did not show up on time. The replacement arrived to see an A-7D on short final with the gear up. The control tower saw the airplane, too, as did another pilot in an A-7. They all hit the mike at the same time; the pilot of the landing A-7D heard them say his gear was up just as the scraping started. He hit the gear button and the gear came down and hit the runway. Rather that popping the airplane up on the wheels that resulted in the entire hydraulic system being wiped out. They worked on that airplane at the ALC for years and I don't know if they ever got it fixed.

A member of my gunclub was a retired mechanic from the Armée de l'Air, working in the machining shop at Evreux airbase (BA 105).
One day, they had a FB-111 practise an emergency landing for a supposed engine trouble.
Evreux is a busy transport airbase (C-160 Transall at this time) and the jet had to be spotted to a secured lot. Trouble is the Aardvark has a very long nose and they had nothing long enough to lock at the front wheel and tow the beast.
So he had to hurriedly run to a hardware store to buy a section of long enough pipe, tinker it to fix a hook and voilà, they had a tow bar for the tractor.
Of course, the crew was brought to the mess, pending the arrival of the US maintainance team to fix the engine.

Last edited:
Has someone ever seen a dumb phone ?
Back when Obama was still president and his government subsidized programs started kicking in (like the "credit card" everyone got that was actually an EBT card), I got the Obama Phone, which was just a recycled cell phone that was probably 20+ years old at that time.
Took me like 10 minutes to answer a text because it was one of those that you had to search through the alphabet, just to register each letter of the word you were trying to send.
DUMB phone!
It died and I went to Walmart, got a Tracfone and joined the New Millenium. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've used a Tracfone for years. When CVS offered a later model for a low price I bought it. Almost a year later I decided to activate that phone and transfer my account. I could not get the phone activated and Tracfone told me that one was being superseded and they would send me a new one. The new one came and I also was unable to activate it. Tracfone told me that one also was being superseded and they were converting to digital smartphones and they would send me another new one. I finally was able to get that one activated; of course it was about 10 times more difficult to use. Tracfone took care of that; after several years they told me that one was being superseded and I had to buy a new one. That one was a PRCPOS and was at least 20 times harder to operate; one day it locked up in"enter your contacts" mode and I had to buy another one.

We are in a race to see if the number of unusable cellphones I have will exceed the number of unusable GPS units I possess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back