Quotes and Jokes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1695904893345.jpg

No, the funny thing is that while it gives the date as sometime in 1934, the time is right bang on accurate to the second, which is always the case with GPS, since it works entirely on timing of atomic clocks.

When I first powered it up it showed a date in October 1962. Have not decided if 1934/2034 is an improvement, but I guess that it does not matter as far a position location.

Decades back, a friend who was an electronic gadget and radio nut found a device in a Salvation Army second hand store and bought it because he didn't know what it was. It was about three inches wide, two inches thick and 8 inches high with a digital display and a button. No info or markings at all. He put a new 9 volt battery in and sitting at his kitchen table, the reading was always the same when the button was pushed. Thinking it was reading a radio frequency, he called his brother to come see his new treasure. When he went to the front
door and showed his brother, the number had slightly changed. Because they found the number changed as they walked around outside, pressed the button, they realized it was giving coordinates. The gray gadget was a very early hand held GPS they suspected, because a few years later when GPS devices became known, it was obvious.

No, the funny thing is that while it gives the date as sometime in 1934, the time is right bang on accurate to the second, which is always the case with GPS, since it works entirely on timing of atomic clocks.

When I first powered it up it showed a date in October 1962. Have not decided if 1934/2034 is an improvement, but I guess that it does not matter as far a position location.

Decades back, a friend who was an electronic gadget and radio nut found a device in a Salvation Army second hand store and bought it because he didn't know what it was. It was about three inches wide, two inches thick and 8 inches high with a digital display and a button. No info or markings at all. He put a new 9 volt battery in and sitting at his kitchen table, the reading was always the same when the button was pushed. Thinking it was reading a radio frequency, he called his brother to come see his new treasure. When he went to the front
door and showed his brother, the number had slightly changed. Because they found the number changed as they walked around outside, pressed the button, they realized it was giving coordinates. The gray gadget was a very early hand held GPS they suspected, because a few years later when GPS devices became known, it was obvious.
A better story would've been when his brother waked through the front door, he was 10 years old. When they went outside, people were dressed in Victorian era clothes and everyone seemed to be riding horses.
It was then that your friend realized the gray gadget he'd bought was a Time Machine! :oops:
...but the GPS thing is cool, too. 😁

:shock: NOOO! The memories!!! :eek:
From '99-'01, I worked for a major financial institution.
I still remember sitting at a computer terminal, in a large room with the rest of my compatriots, with a huge stack of papers next to me, on 12/31/99, waiting for midnight. If the internet shut down, we were supposed to input all that info by hand. :eek::(o_O
Thank GOD, when the time came, the date simply changed to "19100" and life went on as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back