Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My Grandmother once told me she went on a bush tour somwhere, in the 1950's. She said the guide was explaining something when they saw a monkey not far from them. The guide absentmindedly just grabbed the monkey, lopped the top of it's head off, ate the brains, then threw the rest of the monkey away, and carried on walking and explaining whatever it was he was talking about. I don't remember where this was, but it was a trip she never forgot!

Used to see that in Taipei, at the Shinwa market (sp?), One could purchase a bite or two if they choose. The difference was the monkey was strapped in a kind of high chair with a flap that fit over its head to keep it still. Me, I stayed with the cobra meat that the mongoose always beat in the cage fight.

Ask your wife to ask the class if they have some relics at home.

I was suprised what came out. Who would have thought money from the American civil war would turn op in the old country?

I asked about that and then had the class very intressted. Was also when the tv series North and South was aired wich was very popular at the time. Weeks later pupils still came to me to show what they had.

Users who are viewing this thread