Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You do know this the joke part of this site?

Not trying to be political, but if it matters, the poster above is alleged to be a fake put on the internet. Actual "Battle at Changjin Lake" movie poster about halfway down the page:

"《长津湖》领跑、动画电影内卷国庆档会创纪录吗?_娱乐爆料网"

Here is a small version:

Interesting stuff. This movie is basically the Chinese side of what the US usually calls the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir. It is somewhat propagandized, but for the most part not more so than most western war movies. I highly recommend it.

Part of the Chinese film industry "Me and My" series. In some ways it reminds me of the Clint Eastwood directed WWII war movies: "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima".

For anyone interested in the subject, I also highly recommend the the 2010 movie/~documentary "Chosin", and the PBS American Experience ~documentary series "The Battle of Chosin".

Last edited:
Two old ladies sitting in a bus stop on a wet windy day.

First lady says"Damn, I hate it when the wind blows rain in here - it wrecks my cigarette."
Second lady says " Oh here I can fix that."
She takes out a small pair of scissors and a tube looking thing from her bag. She then cuts the end off
the tube and puts it over her smoke.
"See, it waterproofs the ciggy and you pull it up as you smoke."
"Brilliant, what is it and where do you get them?"
"Oh, they are called condoms and you get them at the chemists."

First old girl puts the zimmer frame into overdrive when she gets to town and heads straight into the chemist.

She asks the young gent behind the counter for some condoms.
Being of the age where old people are there to be confused the young bloke thinks he will be smart and asks
what size she would like.

The old lady replies, "Ahh it doesn't really matter as long as it fits over a Camel."

ThomasP I welcome your input on this ... fake poster or not ... the Chinese are allowed to relate their story ... and I appreciate the sacrifice and hardship of all combatants. But - lest we forget - the Chinese narrative begins with the UN/US invasion of N Korea - if the story STARTS there, it is flawed.
Chosin was a remarkable logistical feat by the US that is due respect by all. The PLA accomplished nothing remarkable for a force that outnumbered the US perhaps 10:1. They did not DESTOY the invaders and suffered unsupportable casualties. The lesson to be learned was "don't mess with firepower". That lesson was not truly learned, IMO, right up to the armistice.

Last edited:
I really do not care how one looks or what one does for you know what. However.. my ears do care very much about the noises it recieves. They do not care for this noise. In fact it tends to get me grumpy. Beard or not, lovely as it is, this kind of music, or show for that matter, is not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread