Quotes and Jokes (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1644916051964.jpg

Relative to the International Guide to Problem Solving, I recall reading that in North Africa, as a tank combat engagement wound down, command would receive radio requests for permission to "brew up." In other words, stop and make a pot of tea.

And in one combat, with everyone fighting like mad, a radio message came through telling a unit to "brew up." Everyone knew it was a German ploy, because no one was going to stop and make tea with the shells still flying. Obviously the Germans had concluded that "Brew Up" was a codeword indicating orders to disengage.

Depends on which season.
The catchphrase "I have a cunning plan" made its first appearance in the pilot episode, but it is not regularly used until the third series; Blackadder had mentioned the phrase twice in the first series and Baldrick once. Baldrick had also claimed to have "a plan" in a "cunning" voice on one occasion in Blackadder II. In the final episode of the last series, Blackadder Goes Forth, Baldrick announces that he has a cunning plan to save the main characters from "going over the top", although it is never revealed what this plan might be (other than that it is "as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at the University of Oxford"). Blackadder, perhaps realising he cannot postpone going into battle (and certain death) indefinitely, dismisses it, telling Baldrick "Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of here by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?"

A guy goes to the ballgame. He gets some popcorn and a beer and finds his seat. No sooner has he sat down than he hears someone behind him yell, "Frank!"
He puts down the beer, puts down the popcorn, stands up and scans the people behind him, but sees no one he knows.

Five minutes later the same thing occurs. "Frank!" He puts down his beer and puts down his popcorn, stands up, and scans behind him but sees no one who knows him.

Five minutes later, "Frank!" Furious, he puts down his beer, puts down his popcorn, stands up, scans, again sees no one he recognizes, and then yells, "Hey! My name's not Frank!"

I heard of an actual case where they had a witness on the stand who described a robbery committed by two men.

The prosecuting attorney then asked the witness, "And are those two men in this courtroom?"

The two defendants stood up.
I can't figure out what to award your post with, MIflyer. That's tv sitcom funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back