Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have had this joke a long time from my Marine friends' military emailings and didn't use it because of our French members. I decided only because we needed to lighten up. I mean no insult as I live in the French Acadian part of Louisiana. Besides, it could have been Italian... oh, did it again.

No worries my friend.

The two-hand salute may have been popularized by the French, but, as with all French fashions, it quickly spread. By mid 1945 even the Germans were doing it.

Everything old is new again

If, as mentioned by Rod Serling up-thread, in another world YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook merged to form YouTwitFace - does that mean that in some other world YouTube, Meta, and Twitter have merged to form YouMetaTwit?

NOTE: In this case the definition of Meta is today's colloquial meaning of about itself, ie "meta-X equals X about X." So, if we take the word "data" for our X, and add the prefix meta- to it, we get metadata, or "data about data." A meta-text is a text about texts, metacognition is thinking about thinking, . . .

My head hurts now.

Users who are viewing this thread