Quotes and Jokes (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We have sharks, snakes and crocs - and combined they only amount to a very few deaths per year - usually under 5. Nearly all of those deaths could have been avoided if the person took simple reasonable precautions - like not swimming in the sharks and crocs food bowl in such a manner as to attract them to food. I am a diver so I often swim in shark infested water and I know how to attract them for photos as well as how not to make them hungry.

The US has guns, sharks, snakes, gators and large cats. If you exclude guns, combined the others only amount to a few deaths per year. On Dec 26 last year in the US:

1655494188192.png

Very few of those, if any, could have been prevented by the victims actions.

EDIT
I used to be a hunter until the late 70's. I have no problems with responsible gun owners - but that requires mental and police checks.

We have sharks, snakes and crocs - and combined they only amount to a very few deaths per year - usually under 5. Nearly all of those deaths could have been avoided if the person took simple reasonable precautions - like not swimming in the sharks and crocs food bowl in such a manner as to attract them to food. I am a diver so I often swim in shark infested water and I know how to attract them for photos as well as how not to make them hungry.

The US has guns, sharks, snakes, gators and large cats. If you exclude guns, combined the others only amount to a few deaths per year. On Dec 26 last year in the US:

View attachment 674087

Very few of those, if any, could have been prevented by the victims actions.

EDIT
I used to be a hunter until the late 70's. I have no problems with responsible gun owners - but that requires mental and police checks.
Agree with your take on responsible gun ownership but you have to break down that number further.

How many were gang related (criminal on criminal)?
How many were committed with illegally acquired guns?
How many were the result of law enforcement actions?

You also have to look at this regionally. The next town over from me never had a murder in it's 130 year history but yet the city of Denver (15 miles away) had 80 last year (the average was 40 to 50 for a city of about 800,000 people).

On the other hand, over the Memorial Day weekend 49 people were shot, 9 died in the city of Chicago, but this was overshadowed by the mass shootings in Buffalo and Texas

Food for thought

Guns are very rare here, like in most countries.

One of the many reasons Aus, like most other countries, has never had a school shooting
So, gun safes are outlawed as well?? That would be a bit of a stretch. Then just a common safe? Seems a bit safer than a toaster? But then again, I may be completely missing the reasons for hiding in the toasted in the first place; thieve wouldn't look there. Not after that article!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back