Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"New Sick Policy Requires 2 Day Notice."

I was told that at one point OK City ALC established a policy that civilian employees could not take just one day of sick leave because it was impossible to be sick for only one day. A friend of mine was given a written reprimand for only taking one day of sick leave. He responded:
1. "Did you ask me how I felt the day before I took the sick leave?"
2. "What about sick leave taken on a Monday or a Friday? I could have been sick the whole weekend."

Our company had a written policy that vacation days should be taken all together for maximum benefit. My last manager, before I retired, liked to have a vacation roster for the year. There was always some urgent need to cancel/change vacations regardless of reservations with penalty for cancellation. At one meeting where this was brought up, I commented I would rather have one day per week to give a 4 day work week and a three day weekend. The boss said, "That would be acceptable." My last two years worked well like that as I had 4 weeks per year and was single. Their only gripe then was, "He's always off on Monday or Friday."

Wow…

I really cannot complain about my employer.

Users who are viewing this thread