R.I.P. "Danger danger Will Robinson". Dick Tufeld, dead.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aquarian

Airman
Dec 14, 2011
Sydney Australia
Hello all.
Those of my generation may remember the T.V. Show Lost in space. Dick Tufeld, who played the voice of the arm waving robot, has passed away.

Rest in peace Mr Tufeld.

'The danger has passed Mr. Tufeld. Rest in peace'

Nice to hear he was recognised, how many of these people go unnoticed? You'd never say for instance 'Hey look, that's the guy who played Chewbacca!' :)

Classic example, my father and stepmother met a man in their travels who mentioned his name, then added "do you remember 'The Munsters'? I was 'the hand'!"

'The danger has passed Mr. Tufeld. Rest in peace'

Nice to hear he was recognised, how many of these people go unnoticed? You'd never say for instance 'Hey look, that's the guy who played Chewbacca!' :)

Classic example, my father and stepmother met a man in their travels who mentioned his name, then added "do you remember 'The Munsters'? I was 'the hand'!"

Dont you mean The Adams Family?

Just a bit of "Lost In Space" trivia...the robot only said "Danger, Will Robinson!" once in all of the episodes...but that one time became a legend!

It's hard to see the passing of these folks, who were taken for granted that they'd be with us forever, when we were kids :/

Rest in Peace, Mr. Tufeld

Just a bit of "Lost In Space" trivia...the robot only said "Danger, Will Robinson!" once in all of the episodes...but that one time became a legend!
Isn't that also true of the "Beam me up Scotty" line from Star Trek. I heard somewhere that that line was never used, or only used once. I got the Star Trek DVD set for Christmas and am now about halfway through the last season and still haven't heard it.

more trivia "Robbie the robot" was in a movie long before the show came out. can you name it with out googling it??
Robbie the robot was first used in Forbidden Planet back in the late 1950s. He was also used in some low budget film I cant remember the name of with a little kid, as well as Loony Toons Back in Action. He was also used in many TV show episodes all the way into the 1990s. The lost in Space robot was different, with a different voice.

TB, I think you're right, regarding the Beam Me Up line...Kirk used to say "Beam me up, Mr. Scott"...it would be interesting to see if that line ever was used at all!

As far as the robots go, Robbie the Robot looked different than "Robot" (b9) from Lost In Space. Matter of fact, Robbie even had a guest appearance on Lost in Space...

robby-and-will-and-b9.jpg

Just checked Wikipedia;

"Beam me up Scotty" was never used in any Star Trek series episode or movie.
"Scotty, Beam us up" was used in two original series episodes.
"Beam us up, Scotty" was used in two of the animated series episodes.
"Scotty, beam me up" was used in Star Trek IV
"Beam them out of there, Scotty" was used in Star Trek Generations.

Some people must have a lot of time on there hands. :|

'It's too bright in here Scotty! I can't see a damn thing!'
'Sorry captain, the lights were on full beam...' (alright, alright, I was just leaving... :) )

wow that is right...funny how the mind plays tricks...or how memories ( mine) seem to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back