Rare Aviation films/newsreels

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 11, 2005
Cordoba - Argentina
With the recent restoration and digitalization of film archives by many european countries there are now many sources to watch WW1 videos wich until recently were very much unknown, I created this topic for posting and talking about the (in my view) most interesting clips and parts of that films..

something for a start, Hermann Göring at his Fokker DV, 1918. Notice the telescopic gunsight.

These films are just wonderful Thank you for starting this thread. What kind of aircraft is it that Richthoven has shot down?
Best regards
Tony

Nice video.

Did I see Herman on the left in the scene with the pilots?

Notice the priming of the cylinders with fuel before start up.

What is the object of the wing at ~1:00?

It's one of these; it's an airspeed indicator, the wee vane turns and provides pressure in the valve, which moves the needle.

This one's off an Albatros D Va. (Fxxking Photobucket won't allow me to edit the image by putting it the right way round.)

Last edited:
Good morning, Happy revolution day for everyone, I found this clips, can anyone indentify this old string birds.

Great videos - i din't know the one with von Richthofen even existed.

Thanks, they always put a glimpse of that in WW1 documentaries, but the secuence is much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread