Recent Purchases....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Just thought that it could be fun to have a similar thread there....for everything else.8) :lol:

Attachments

• Hot Rod Kings.jpg
    Hot Rod Kings.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 156
Good idea, Lucky...

Then I'll show off a recent coin purchase of mine!

I bought the 2008 Royal Shield of Arms Proof Collection from the Royal Mint.

When I first saw the news release about these coins, I thought they looked great and decided I needed the set for my collection :)

Attachments

• IMGP4793a.jpg
    IMGP4793a.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 147
Copyright Lucky, you owe me 5 Dollars Australia for every post made in this thread :lol:

I just bought a new radiator for my car.

That's a neat idea Geist!

Thanks!

I was afraid I didn't get my order in on time and missed out, as they were only producing 10,000 base-metal proof sets. But I found out that I did get in under the wire and then watched over the mail like a hawk 'till they showed up...lol

I think the most striking thing about them is the way the designer laid out the coins, representing the shield when all the coins were laid out in a particular pattern. From what I understand, the designer is a college student, who made the design with Photoshop and submitted the design to the Royal Mint during a contest.

The mint was so impressed with his winning submission, they redesigned the pound to reflect the overall design...

The photo doesn't do them justice, but I don't want to open the case and run the risk of damaging thier finish :lol:

I'm sure our friends in the UK will be seeing coins similiar to these in circulation some time soon, if not already.

I've just had to buy 4 new BF Goodrich all terrain tyres for my 4x4, €200 each!! :shock: They look cool though! :lol:

They sure are, the old ones were on it 5 years, the sidewalls started to crack fairly badly so they needed to be replaced.

Five years is not at all bad, especially if you gave it some welly off-road!
Congrats on your new 'boots'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back