Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Who to blame eh? Well, let's see. I seem to have built more models in the last five months than in the last two years - why? Group Builds I suppose. I seem to have bought more models since joining this forum at the end of August than I have done in the last four or five years. Why? Group Builds mainly.
Who's idea was it for Group Builds, stupid things like 'Let's do a Squadron Build' and so on?
Yours, you Swettish pillock!
So, blame yourself! I blame you, costing me a bl**dy fortune, not getting anything done apart from really interesting research and fun modelling, and...and.......it's YOUR bl**dy fault, so there!!

Only half my order arrived at Iris's shop today, the 1/32nd scale Beaufighter should be here next week. This is Part One of the Spitfire MkXIV conversion, which I'll do when I get the Hasegawa MkV kit. I'll be using everyhthing from the firewall forward, plus the radiators and some other bits, to cross-kit to make make my second MkXIV. (First one Failed to Return from a flight off the wardrobe!) The rest of the kit will be used to do something completely different...!
BTW, nice box art, but can anybody spot the errors?

Attachments

• DANS PRINT 014.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 61
I'm not an expert on the Mks.22 and 24, but I'd say the spinner profile, exhausts (?), height of wing root panels, nose and canopy (seem out of scale with the rest of the aircraft) and possibly the wing bands (?)...is that picky enough Terry?

Nice reply Ozhawk!!
Hi Wayne, hope you're enjoying the Expo mate.
Evan, I hadn't noticed that lot!
Nope! Something to do with part of the colour scheme, and the background, in relation to the squadron markings.
I'll give you a clue - only 80 Squadron operated the Mk24, as depicted on the box art. And yes, the spinner could be part of the problem.
Still a bl**dy good painting though!

Users who are viewing this thread