Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Now I just have to find time to build it. Right now I have 5 different models in progress (F4U Corsair, SBD Dauntless, JU-52 MS, HS 129). I want to clear the bench so I can concentrate on the MTO group build and the upcoming Group build

Very nice buy Paul!! I don't know if it will interest you, but Revell have re-released their 1/32nd scale Bf110C. It's at Model Hobbies, I think at around £17 to £20. Seem to recall it wasn't bad overall, and a lot can be done with it.

I have made a solemn promise not to collect any more Bf 110 kits until I actually build one. As the promise was made to myself expect it to be broken regularly.

I'm so bad .... Just bought these:

the Revell 1/72 scale Tornado GrMk1

The Apache was $9, the Tornado 13$ and the Marsupiale along with an illustrated guide to the plane was 39$.

Had to pay a bit more than I thought at first. First retailer tried to soak me with a 20$ postage charge for "Express Delivery" . Found another option.

Last edited:
Nice stuff Dwight! The Tornado pic isn't opening for me either BTW.
If you need any pics or info on the Tornado, let me know. BAe Warton, where they were built, was one of my clients when I was 'on the road', and they were rather helpful in providing some info, shall we say.....Of course, since then, there's a load of stuff in the Public Domain, but there wasn't when I was told to 'keep quiet, just use it!'

Picked up a bargain today. Saw this in the window of a 'charity shop' - a brand new kit, at well under half the normal retail price too!!
It'll eventually be done as either an all yellow Harvard from Boscombe Down in the late 1980's, used for photographing parachute trials, among other things, or a an ex French aircraft, one of 50 captured and used by the Luftwaffe as a trainer at Gottingen, coded DR + XD, Red 6, again yellow overall.

Attachments

• Can Jan 159.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 39
Nice Dwight! I'd been looking for that one.

Which one VB? I can give you the link to the store I bought them from if you're interested.

Thanks Terry. I have NOTHING on the Tornado. A couple of cockpit pics would be great for starters. After that, I'll have to look at the kit and see if any questions arise.
Have you decided on a scheme for the Texan?

Can you give me the link, pretty pretty please!

Leave it with me Dwight, I'll see if I can find some time ove the weekend to post at least a couple of cockpit pics. There's so much stuff though, it might be easier if you PM me an e-mail address, and I'll send you a load of pics, detail shots and plan drawings etc., including the factory diagrams for the ejection seats. Is it just for the GR version, as the ADV (F3 etc) had a different cockpit layout, and some other detail changes.
As for the A6, it'll probably be done as the Luftwaffe one mentioned - not sure yet though, as there are loads of nice colour schemes. I think i might be getting more of this kit!

Now now - there's plenty to go around. I bought the SM 82 (and the Tornado and Apache) from scale hobbyist

Scalehobbyist.com: Sm.82 Marsupiale by Italeri Models

it was 39$ marked down from 59$

but you can also get it from these shops:

Tower Hobbies for 43$

Sprue Brothers for 48$

Circle C Hobby for 39-40$ Be careful of these guys - they seemingly have good prices but their shipping charges were OUTRAGEOUS. What I saved on shipping by buying from scale hobbyist paid for the Apache!

And of course Squadron has it for 53$

There are a ton of them listed on google. Just put SM 82 Marsupiale into google search and hit "shopping" There were 3 pages of retailers and e-bay listings for that plane.

Last edited:

Just for the Gr1 version. The F3 would be nice but I've only got the Gr1 kit.

Check your pms. Sending an email addy there.

And thanks a TON!

@Harrison, At the price (40$), that kit might hang for a while, so I'm not sure you need to be in any rush.

Last edited:
I'm so bad .... Just bought these:

Some nice kits there Dwight, cant see the Tornado though buy the Apache is a nice aircraft to build, I have one in 1:48 that was built a some years back but cant remember who's kit it was.

Like the Texan to Terry, will be nice kit when finished particularly in the Luftwaffe livery.
On the subject of Tornados, do you by chance have anything on the F.3 cockpit, I've a couple of pics myself, but with me doing a bastardised Airfix kit, the more references the better. Warton and Salmesbury were a couple of my old stomping grounds for a short time when gearing up for contract work with BAe in Saudi.

Users who are viewing this thread