Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice buys there Harrison! I've been after that Hobbycraft kit of the Dornier for over ten years, since it was last discontinued! Model Hobbies have just got it back in stock, at around £26 IIRC, which is about $35 to $40 approximately, so you got a great deal - even if it had been $25 !!! I want one also for next years BoB GB. Hobbycraft kits, although a little plain in some of the interior details, are nicely moulded, with good surface detail and are generally accurate. I've only had three of their kits over the years, and the only real drawback has been the transparent parts, which tend to be a bit thick and dull. But a quick polish and a coat of Johnson's Klear (Future) takes care of that! Oh,and their decals are a bit basic too, but there are, and are sure to be many more next year, decal sheets for Do17's available, and I've got some colour profiles for BoB KG's .

Very nice buys there Harrison! I've been after that Hobbycraft kit of the Dornier for over ten years.

Not sure if they still have it, but I found a shop that has these:

DO-17E/F Hobbycraft $24.00 HC1612
Dornier Do-17M/P Hobbycraft $15.00 HC1603
Dornier Do-17Z Hobbycraft $24.95 HC1602

All 1/48 scale

Interested?

Thanks Dwight. It's mainly the Do17Z I'm interested in, and that's cheaper than here in the UK. Unfortunately, with shipping, it would work out at nearly twice the price of the kit here though. Thanks for the information though. As the other versions are on release in the 'States, it probably means that they'll be coming here soon too. I've noticed a lot of BoB decals for 1/48th Do's, He111's etc are now being released, and some detail parts, so the manufacturers I guess have info that certain kits will be re-released in time for the 70th anniversary. I hope so, as I'd like to replace the full line up of major BoB types in 1/48th - I've only got the JU88A5 and Bf109E4 left in that scale these days. Might be an idea to open up the BoB GB to allow entries of one of each of the major types, if people want to do that.

Well would you believe it ! I got myself yet another Lancaster model
this one is a little different though, it's made from brass comes on a stand and
is 'banked' over also has a nice RAF badge on the stand, its just a bit smaller
than an 1/72nd lanc, all this for £5 and that included the postage, found on ebay.

Bargin or what

Nice one Ian ! I was given a similar one a year or so ago, roughly 1/72nd scale, but it doesn't have the badge though, although it has got movable props, and it's bl**dy heavy!!

Great for holding down the lid of the scanner when scanning books!! I think mine weighs around 3 or 4 Kilos, heavy enough in a relatively small package.

Hi guys i,m back from south africa whats new on the modelling front iv,e been out of contact with the world as i was in the middle of nowhere HeHe.BB

Users who are viewing this thread

• A4K