Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Christmas time 2009

Gemini 1/72 Diecast Spitfire MK IX 5JK ML214 , very nice model, better than Corgi in my humble opinion.

flee bay purchase of a Heller Spitfire MK XVI 1/72 , Oh dear, should have read reviews, raised panel lines......

Model shop impluse buy New 1/72 Airfix Spitfire PR XIX , looks nice and gets good reviews online.

I went to Belgrade today, stopped by at the hobby shop on my way back home and I didn't came out empty handed. Here are my today's purchases - Academy Bf 109E, Revel Fw 190A-8 and Zvezda Il-2 Sturmovik - all in 1/72 scale.

I'm satisfied with the buy as these seem to be very nice kits. However, when I came home and opened the boxes I was unpleasantly surprised with the contens of the Revell box: there were two panels with fuselage parts but no wings!! I have already contacted hobby shop regarding this issue and they said to come over again to replace parts. I will do that probably next week when I'll be again going to Belgrade.

Attachments

• ACADEMY__Messers_49d6f64b135f1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 63
  • REVELL__Focke_Wu_49d1d32365ee1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 63
  • ZVEZDA_Il_2M_49ecdf4b8deb2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
....... I was unpleasantly surprised with the contens of the Revell box: there were two panels with fuselage parts but no wings!!

My god, what passes for QC at these companies anymore?

Would love to see some shots of the IL-2. I been debating whether to get that kit.

I was unpleasantly surprised with the contens of the Revell box: there were two panels with fuselage parts but no wings!!

A such things always happen.An Airfix Spitfire Mk.VB came without the cockpit conopy and in a PZL P-7 of Mastercraft I've received two wings without the fuselage. So it is nothing new even for Revell.

Sometimes I'm not sure what is better either get two double wings or totally sc**wed up model like the Academy Minicraft Bf109E.It would be better if they added the ICM fuselage with the engine cowlling and main landing gear wheels to the kit.

A such things always happen.An Airfix Spitfire Mk.VB came without the cockpit conopy and in a PZL P-7 of Mastercraft I've received two wings without the fuselage. So it is nothing new even for Revell...

Well, this is the first time something like this happened to me. Guess there's a first time for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread