Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I just returned from a modeller's paradise! I went to the person's house who had the decals, and he took me down to his basement and into a room where he had about 100 models of various brands as well as two buckets of decals. He then told me that he has about 400 models total and even more decals. When I asked him how he got into all of this he said he had been the president of the Canadian Museum of Flight at one time and that his son flies for Air Canada. He then asked if I had ever heard of Eagle Editions, to which of course I said yes, and he said his son knows Jerry Crandall! Apparently Mr. Crandall and this man's son worked together and did all of the markings and paint schemes for the 1/32 Dragon Bf 110. He also owns the entire line of Eagle Editions decals. He lives 5 minutes away, and has almost everything I could ever want! My mom won't be pleased...

Cory, you luck, LUCK man.

Wojetk, That Lavochkin La-5FN Fighter is a lovely (big radial engine) machine and I have the 1/48 Zvezda kit lined up for a future group build.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

The kit is exactly the same like the 1/72 scale Zvezda one.I think that the Zvezda set is re-boxed Revell kit.But the Revel model comes with a decal sheet for markings of three machines ( Zvezda - two only.) Decals look very good and were printed without any movings in drawings

Attachments

• Dscn2725.JPG
    Dscn2725.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Dscn2726.JPG
    Dscn2726.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Dscn2727.JPG
    Dscn2727.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Dscn2728.jpg
    Dscn2728.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Dscn2729.jpg
    Dscn2729.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 81
Parts look quite good takning into consideration the "age" of the kit.Panel lines are raised. But their number is not too huge and can be corrected to engraved ones. "Cockpit "glass" looks a little bit thick but it's clear and transparent though.

Attachments

• Dscn2734.JPG
    Dscn2734.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Dscn2733.JPG
    Dscn2733.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Dscn2732.JPG
    Dscn2732.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 82
  • Dscn2731.JPG
    Dscn2731.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Dscn2730.JPG
    Dscn2730.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Dscn2735.JPG
    Dscn2735.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Dscn2736.JPG
    Dscn2736.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Dscn2737.JPG
    Dscn2737.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Dscn2741.JPG
    Dscn2741.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 80
Dziekuje my friend!

The kit outline looks fairly good (to me), though I'm not an expert on the type. Is there much/ anything to correct in that respect?

Dziekuje my friend!

The kit outline looks fairly good (to me), though I'm not an expert on the type. Is there much/ anything to correct in that respect?

To be honest I haven't compared parts to scale drawings yet.But there is always something that has to be or can be corrected .It always depends on an effect we are going to achieve. At glance the cockpit interior is quite basic.Also the main landing wheel bays. Also I don't like the way of aileron moulding. The engine department and the engine replic seem to be quite basic too. If the model main parts keep dimensions , the all rest of corrections is a piece of cake.

I was naughty...:)

Ordered some Kristal Kleer (finally!!!!), and an Airfix new tool Canberra B(1)8 in 1:72, which has markings for NZ6101 of 75 sqn. RNZAF (the aircraft that was later sold to BAC). She was actually a B(1) 12, which (according to Wiki) was the B(1) 8 built for NZ and South Africa. Have to do some research on the differences between the two.

Last edited:
Differences? A quick brush-out, a tickle of paint here and there, change the oil, check the tyre pressures. Oh, and add a few thousand quid to the bill!
I actually bought a Canberra from BAe, for £1. !!! It was one of the ones destined for Argentina, but impounded at the time of the Falklands war, and left standing at Salmesbury for a few years. They had to be disposed of, and were going for just One Pound, to cover 'admin costs'! Problem was, the deadline for dismantling and removal, so I 'gave' it to a local collector, near where I lived at the time, as there was no way I could arrange the job in time to get it to my local aero club for display. Darned shame!!

WOW Terry!!! Where is she now?

Do you think there would have been differences in the internal equipment layout atleast, or was the change in designation just to ease paperwork?

Far as I know Evan, she's still in a large yard behind a garage / service staion not far from Chorley, in Lancashire, along with some other airframes.
The main differences in the RNZAF Canberras, and others, were in things like electrical, comms and nav systems I believe, and probably additions such as air con etc. I should have the info somewhere if you need it.

Damn T, your very own Canberra. Shame you couldn't find a back yard for it, just imagine it gutted, you could have had the most fantastic workshop……………….
happy0045.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I found it on a shelf in my mate's hobby shop the day before yesterday. I'm not sure why I purchased it because the model looks not too good. The reason might have been its decal markings.

Attachments

• revell04679.jpg
    revell04679.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back