Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about yourself Vic? -Where's your workshop? In Canberra. -I know, but where? In A Canberra! :)

Clashed with Wojtek! Is that a new tool, or reissue of somebody else's?

concening the model.... it is not too bad.To a certain extend of course. At glance the model looks bad.It is quite basic. there are 34 parts including a figure of a pilot, two parts for a bomb and two ones for a fuel tank. The cockpit "glass" is a little bit "armoured" but consits of three separate parts ( windshield, cantral hood and the rear part.). The main landing wheels consist of plastic tyres and separate wheel hubs.The underwing radiators look like these from Il-2 Sturmovik :lol: but seem to be of correct shape.The cockpit interior doesn't existed at all. There is a pilot's seat only (or something we can name a chair only). But it is an advantage of the model.There is no need to remove all these incorrect pieces from there.I have compared the main parts to scale drawings and the wing is of correct wingspan.ALso elevators and vertical stabilizers have a good shape.But the MG/FF cannon bulges on the wing undersides are of incorrect shape.Flaps have cavities on the upper surfaces and need to be replaced with another set.The fuselage is too long at the rear area ( 1mm or so) and too short at the front part of the engine department.Also about 1.5mm.The exhaust pipes look good but are moulded with the fuselage halves together.The fuselage looks a little bit too thick looking from the top.. The model has the raised panel lines of incorrect running.Fortunately there are not too many of them and can be sanded off easily and replaced with the correct engraved ones.Also there are the raised rivet lines but will be removed when sanding these panel lines.
The decal sheet provides markings for one Bf109E-4 of 2.(J)/LG2 only that was used in Spring 1941 on Balkanian front.

Last edited:
I found it on a shelf in my mate's hobby shop the day before yesterday. I'm not sure why I purchased it because the model looks not too good. The reason might have been its decal markings.

Aaah, I heard about this kit on another forum. It's indeed an (very) old Revell kit in a new box. Haven't seen it myself, but judging some of the comments I've read a "not too god" would be understatement. Decals are new and of very good quality though.

I think the "not too good" expression is not an understatement Igor. Saying it hasn't been too good I wanted to say it's possible to make a nice model using the kit.If it wouldn't be possible at all I would say the kit was a piece of scrap only.But you are right the decals are nice and seem to be printed this year. :)

How about yourself Vic? -Where's your workshop? In Canberra. -I know, but where? In A Canberra! :)

No mate, I've my own hanger……………………………
happy0045.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks Evan. That's true. If somebody likes working on all model details , a such kind of kits is a nice buy.Especially that these aren't too expensive very often.

Yep, that's what I like about Revells, especially the new tools - nice kits for a usually reasonable price. Here in Pécs (Hungary) we can't even get brands like Tamiya and Hasegawa for instance, because there's no market for them - noone can afford them!

ALso here the Hasegawa and Tamiya kits are expensive but easier available than in Hungary I think.

Yep, here you can only get Hasegawa kits up in Budapest (3.5 hours by train from where I live), and Tamiya aircraft kits aren't imported at all! Strangely a very small selection of Tamiya tanks are however.

For aircraft, we're limited to Revell, Zvezda, ICM, Italeri, and Academy here in Pécs, and even then we can't order....you get what you get and that's it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back