Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WELL i,ve gone and done it again :oops: :oops:

Just gone and orded this
fw 190 a8r.jpg

Nice one Keith, that's a beaut kit mate. The leaflet shown on the left in the pic describes the air battle over the White Carpathians, where I went for the 65th Anniversary last year.
I've just had this dropped off by a mate who's in the telecomms business. I asked him if he had any scraps or off-cuts of thin copper wire, to use for scratch-building, harness buckles etc.
Some off-cut! It's a 600 metre (2,000 feet) roll of twin core bridging wire! So that's a total of 1,200 metres! The sheathing can obviously be removed, providing material for tubing, pipework or 'heavier' cables etc, so very useful. I think I've got enough to cover a few projects, so if anyone needs some, just shout!!!

Attachments

• Bf109 and Tiffie 132.jpg
    Bf109 and Tiffie 132.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 68
Picked up a couple of nice cabinets for the FAA collection on ebay for a song... in their previous life they were used to dispaly accessories in a bridal shop:

IMGP1059-1.jpg

Looking a bit sparse so far though!

Bloody hell, great scores Tony!

That guy asking about the Corsairs sounds like a real nutcase, thank God we don't have anyone like that here!!! :)

Agreed. And just because a cloud of ash from an ancient chimney fire has delayed said blokes' flight to the land of blondes and rally drivers, doesn't mean he can push his luck by mentioning that...that...thing!!!

It could be converted Andy, but it would be a long, involved job, mainly with the forward nacelles/intakes. It's an old kit if it's the ex-Monogram, but builds quite well, with a bit of care, from what I remember. I'm fairly sure that there are E or F kits around in this scale though - 'Glacier Girl' is available, I think from Academy, which would be a good start.

Thanks guys. I was thinking the different engine intakes would make a conversion a bit difficult terry, especially by me! I might have to look out for one of those other kits and keep this one a J model. Mind you this kit give you three options to build different varients, the one on the cover, a droop snoot and a two seat night fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back