Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My lates delivery.....more 1/700 scale IJN Aircraft Carriers.

The last one has a photo etch flight deck!

They look great. Is 1/700 a good scale to work in for carriers? Ultimately my interest in British naval aviation may spill into building some carriers. I was wondering if British carriers are well represented in any particular scale.

Just got back from MosquitoCon in Wayne NJ and picked up the following stuff. There is nothing rare or outstanding in the mix other then the prices.

These go for $14.99 in my LHS. I got them both for $5. I'm thinking I might try and make an assembly ship out of the Lib. If I thought about that before hand I would have got a few more. :oops:
IMG_2961.jpg

Not much can be said for these. They are older Airfix but I think they will be fun to build and I've been wanting a Black Widow for a while now. These went for $4 each
IMG_2962.jpg

Of all the kits I've built and bought over the last few years the Academy kits are some of the best I've gotten when you think of cost to detail and accuracy. I got these three for $4 each
IMG_2963.jpg

This is the kit I'm most jacked about. An Hs129 A model. I never heard of the company before but its the A model and what few I've found on line in 1/72 they wanted a bit more then what I was willing to pay for kits I've never seen. This was $5.
IMG_2964.jpg

I'm not going to win any contests with any of these but I'm certain I will have fun building them.

Thanks for looking

Very nice haul Dirk! Got to say, the Academy 1/48th scale kits I've built so far have been very nice and, as you say, cost to detail/extra parts is very good value. If the 1/72nd scale kits are as good, then can't complain!

They look great. Is 1/700 a good scale to work in for carriers? Ultimately my interest in British naval aviation may spill into building some carriers. I was wondering if British carriers are well represented in any particular scale.

If you like working in real small scale, and they don't take up much room....there are a couple of British Carriers in the range, Victorious, Illustrious, Ark Royal and Eagle.

jkust bought these last night and they're being shipped to me right now! :D

and I also got the Southwest Airlines desert gold paint in there, but there's no pic of it. so :p

Attachments

• RV4232.jpg
    RV4232.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 90
  • X364.jpg
    X364.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 78
  • JD144004.jpg
    JD144004.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 79
  • FPA20261.jpg
    FPA20261.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 80
Great scores guys!

I've ordered an AMLA Fw 190D-9 'large (Ta 152 type) tail' with markings for Braunen 4 (exactly the kite I wanted to model!!!), and 2 Ventura decal sheets: RNZAF roundels 1950's - 70's, and 1970's to 2000.

thanks guys, i'm quite excited to start work on the 733 since I'm practically obsessed with Southwest Airlines! :lol: and I miss Delta's old widget livery. brings me great memories of when I used to visit my father in El Paso.

I wonder what the non-modelers think of us and our stashes................

Here's my latest additions. The Hellcat is the sister kit of one I got a while back, the Falcon is about the only affordable F-16 kit I've seen lately in 1/48 scale, and I got the Heller Corsair to see what the Heller kits are like.

Attachments

• kits.jpg
    kits.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 68
Some nice hauls there.

Just got a bunch of nice FFA-themed kits off of ebay. The Merlin and the Avenger I think are OOP. The MPM Sea Vixen FAW.1 is essentially the same as the Xtrakit FAW.2 give or take a few parts... and there is the option to do a very nice "test" Sea vixen in all-black.

Oh, and a great little book I picked up for the princely sum of 99p + postage.

Cheers

IMGP1012.jpg

Black Sea Vixen, with acknowledgment to copyright holder Damien Burke:

xj488profile.jpg

(If anyone can turn up a photo of this particular airframe I'd be delighted - was flown at Boscombe Down, apparently)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back