Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Intrigued by the decal sheet... what's with the swastika decals in the corner, and the "composite" swastika decals right next door? Do they snip the corner off for sale into those countries where the swastika is banned?

Wish I could bl**dy see the pics! having a problem opening attached pics since my PC update - b*gg*er!!
The split swastikas are mainly printed that way to avoid them looking like swastikas, thereby circumventing possible problems in some countries, by actually having them in the package!

Watching the Pacific got me liquored up.. a little dio to come! Thinking beachside with some water and other fun.

Attachments

• PICT1472.JPG
    PICT1472.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT1473.JPG
    PICT1473.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT1474.JPG
    PICT1474.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 57
Intrigued by the decal sheet... what's with the swastika decals in the corner, and the "composite" swastika decals right next door? Do they snip the corner off for sale into those countries where the swastika is banned?

Yep. Found a GREAT model shop in Budapest yesterday and spoke to the owners about decals. They complained that they can't really sell their Eagle Strike range because they get them via Germany, who cut all the Hakenkreuze out of the sheets...

The biggest joke for me in this regard is that even Finnish markings are censored now...

BTW, I went a 'little' crazy yesterday...pics up later! :)

I reckon so too Wayne. Whatever of the Nazi use of the symbol that previously represented peace and the rotation of the sun, it was a Luftwaffe national marking. To ban it from decal sheets is like censoring the kiwi from an RNZAF roundel IMO...

Great score, btw guys!

Echo your thoughts Even, just a sh*t this political correctness, they even do it on web pics for medals. For god sake, it was 56 years ago.

As for all your purchase you spend thrifts, there a great selection........:lol::lol:

All my purchases are stuck in the backlog from the ash cloud, awaiting clearance and freight space. Maybe I'll get luck in a day or two.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Last edited:
Oh Heck! There might also be the word 'finished' in the text somewhere too. That could really get me into trouble, somewhere, for some obscure reason. Heck - I used the word 'reason', which is banned in the south of the most easterly state of Kumbiastan. Now I'm really, really in for it! Oh No, I used the phrase 'in for it'......
B*ll*cks to Political Correctness - let's get back to being normal - eat meat, stop hugging bl**dy trees, and call your dog ****** or whatever else takes your fancy for f***s sake!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back