Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really don't need another one for the stash but.......

Accurate Minitures F2G Corsair I picked up from the clearance shelf during lunch today.

Original price $44.99
I got it for $16.20

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 72
There is a decal option for 2 Navy birds and I'll probably use one of them, but it would be interesting finished as the racer sitting on the shelf between my Gee Bee and Travel Air Mystery Ship

Last edited:
Evan, I spoke to my brother, and he's fine with the marking sizes. Would you like anything in return? I've got a lot of decals, not much 1:72 though.

Sorry for the late reply Cory, don't have net access during the week as you know. Okay, decals to go, just drop us your address in a PM. (I'll send the ones closest to correct size)

Thanks for the offer too - don't need anything myself, but a mate at work needs a 1:48 pilot for a MiG -21 he's doing. If you (or anyone else) has one spare, he'd be very grateful!

Great scores too guys, especially Jan with that TSR2!

Evan, I've got some 'modern' RAF seated pilots in 1/48th which could be adapted, if they're any good? Let me know if you want pics of them. Might part with a USAF F86 pilot, seated, with separate arms, mask etc., but the RAF ones would be easier to convert if he needs the earlier full, pressure helmet.

Cheers Cory and Terry!

I don't know how the Hungarian pilot's uniform of the time looked, but if it was the same as the Russian, then he'll need something like this:

http://www.acig.org/artman/uploads/mig-21pf_cockpit.jpg

Google képkeresési találat: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/aircraft-pictures/Mig21large.jpg

http://www.google.hu/imgres?imgurl=...s&start=18&um=1&hl=hu&sa=N&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

Google képkeresési találat: http://www.flightgear.ch/Pictures/zsh5_UA/ZSh-5%207080%20ru%20Bo%20main.jpg

I'll ask Gábor which period he wants to model the aircraft and pilot in. If the earlier, then a British pilot with pressure helmet might be ideal - get back to yas on that next week. Thanks again!

Last edited:
1/48 Monogram P-51D and Spitfire

1/48 Testors Thunderbolt

Attachments

• 102_6821.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_6820.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 102_6819.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_6816.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 102_6815.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 45
Nice Harrison! A mate built that Spit back in '85, and another that Mustang. They both turned out quite nice.

My latest, thanks to a bloody good sale at Squadron..!

Attachments

• STA53873.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 99
  • STA53872.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 96

Hmm, I'll take a look, but I don't have many jets. The F/A-18 pilot may be close to the last one though.

Nice hauls, H and evan. That's an old Spit kit H, but can turn out quite nice with a bit of work and a vac form canopy. The P51 is a really nice kit for its age - built a couple of those.
Evan, none of the RAF pilots have pressure helmets, but the Mk4 helmets would easily convert with a bit of Milliput or similar. I'll wait to hear from you, then post pics if you need them.

damn that's one helluva haul!

well, since i downloaded a freeware P-40 (that used to be payware) for my Flight Sim 2004 A Century of Flight, I've been wanting to do a P-40 ever since. lol then yesterday, I realized I had a 50% off coupon for Michael's, so I ran down there and picked up this sexy gal:

Got my new airbrush approximately 18 hours after ordering! Basically the same as the previous one, but this time with an adjuster for setting the trigger for repeatable line widths, especially fine-line work. The company also sent me, free, a replacement fluid nozzle for my 'old' brush, so now I'm Two Brush Tel!
BTW, it's an inexpensive AB series, often sold under other names at slightly more, but made in the UK by AB and obtained direct.

Attachments

• Buc build 054.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread