Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got my new airbrush approximately 18 hours after ordering! Basically the same as the previous one, but this time with an adjuster for setting the trigger for repeatable line widths, especially fine-line work. The company also sent me, free, a replacement fluid nozzle for my 'old' brush, so now I'm Two Brush Tel!
BTW, it's an inexpensive AB series, often sold under other names at slightly more, but made in the UK by AB and obtained direct.

Very similar to mine Terry, I've just got a Saprmax with a Artlogic AC 1481 compressor with tank that purrs like a cat. Its bean a dream airbrushing today.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Great scores guys!

About the pilot, Gábor needs a later style pilot in sitting pose, to be seated in the cockpit. Wojtek told me his work mate has one, so hopefully this will be just what we're after!

Thanks guys! And Cory, decals posted last Sunday, so you should get them shortly.

No probs Evan, but if you're mate thinks he might still need one, let me know. I think I have about four, all seated, and if neccessary, I could do the 'conversion' to the helmet and pressure suit, and even paint it if required!

Just got the kit below off Ebay. Have everything I need EXCEPT the decals for it which TwoBobs is planning to release. IF they come out in time, this is going to be my second entry into the cold war group build.

Here's a pic of the kit and one of the camo schemes I am considering. :) The other camo schemes are either old blue, new blue, grape and ghost.

Attachments

• 72f5ebt.jpg
    72f5ebt.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 67
  • 48-213F.jpg
    48-213F.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 48-213B.jpg
    48-213B.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 66_F-5E_01566_66FWS_COMMANDER_3_DEC_1976_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    66_F-5E_01566_66FWS_COMMANDER_3_DEC_1976_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 62
Not my favourite aircraft, but nice score Dwight! Good luck with the airbrush too Rob.

Terry, thanks alot mate! Wojtek's mate's pilot is right type but standing - will ask my mate if that's ok aswell (maybe could be posed about to climb the entry ladder -normal house ladder here!). If he still needs a sitter, I'll get back to you on that!
cheers again!

If you do that 66 plane, your gonna have a b!tchin lookin airplane!

She does kind of catch your eye doesn't she? :)

Here's a couple of others I am thinking about:

Attachments

• 31_USAF_F-5E_01531_1984_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    31_USAF_F-5E_01531_1984_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 63
  • 37_F-5E_74-1537WA_1989_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    37_F-5E_74-1537WA_1989_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 65_F-5E_01565_65COMMANDER_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    65_F-5E_01565_65COMMANDER_www_kepfeltoltes_hu_.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 57
If we are voting I say go with the paint scheme for 66 in the first post. That looks sweet!!!!:twisted:

That's the way I'm leaning at the moment. Love the color scheme and I am not having any trouble getting the colors.

I like 37 in the next post :lol:

I can always do two. :lol: Problem is that I can NOT find a match to one of the colors in the 37 scheme. :( It's that stupid FS35109 I asked about in another thread.

Last edited:
Mix your own using the pics as a reference for shade. Dwight, Hannant's have only this weekend announced some new decal sets, in stock, for ALL the Aggressor schemes for F5. I admit I didn't look in detail, but AFAIK, they are for Nellis and Alconbury (UK). There are, I think, three sheets, covering what appears to be every aircraft.

lol sorry guys, but I'll repost my links with images! :D

I might be getting this for my birthday
image_3373.jpg

along with this!
image_3318.jpg

it's the same airbrush, but with a compressor. it looks as if that airbrush is a dual action. what do you guys think? I've been looking for a cheap dual action airbrush for a while, now

Mix your own using the pics as a reference for shade. Dwight, Hannant's have only this weekend announced some new decal sets, in stock, for ALL the Aggressor schemes for F5. I admit I didn't look in detail, but AFAIK, they are for Nellis and Alconbury (UK). There are, I think, three sheets, covering what appears to be every aircraft.

I'm TERRIBLE at mixing paint colors. I'm pouring through color charts trying to find existing paints that match. :lol:

Those decals are probably the sheets from Two Bobs, Terry. There are iirc a total of 8 new sheets: 4 for Aggressors at Nellis, 2 for Clark AFB and 2 more for Alconbury. There are a bunch of threads over in the TwoBobs forums in the ARC Manufacturer Forums where you can see the Instructions for most of them.

The 1:48 ones for Nellis and Clark are out, the 1:72 versions should follow soon, 1:32 is a maybe. :) The Alconbury ones are in the pipeline but not released yet afaik. :)

If anyone wants to see the full set of sheets and the camo plans let me know. I've got a ton of pics of the sheets, the camo plans AND photos of most (around 90%) the real planes.

I'll check which manufacturer they are Dwight, and post the details here. The ones I saw are stock, not future releases.
Rob, the airbrush looks like one of the newer Badgers, or a good copy. From the look of the pic, it appears to be dual action, and the compressor looks reasonable. I saw the price for the brush ar around $14, which seems very reasonable - bl**dy cheap in fact! Even it if only lasts a year, it's worth it, and the compressor, depending on price, should be OK.
The only downside I noticed is the brush running at constant 30psi, although this can be adjusted on the compressor for lower pressure spraying.

Just checked the Hannant's e-mail from yeasterday Dwight.
The first sheet is from Afterburner Decals, in 1/48th scale, covering all the F5's from Ellis, and is in stock.
The next lot are from Two Bobs, FIVE sheets, all 1/48th scale, covering all schemes at Ellis, and PCAF at Clarke, all in stock.
I think I must have seen the Alconbury sheets on a previous e-mail, sorry, can't post a link, but they should all now be on the Hannant's web-site.
Hope this helps.

I'll check which manufacturer they are Dwight, and post the details here. The ones I saw are stock, not future releases.
Rob, the airbrush looks like one of the newer Badgers, or a good copy. From the look of the pic, it appears to be dual action, and the compressor looks reasonable. I saw the price for the brush ar around $14, which seems very reasonable - bl**dy cheap in fact! Even it if only lasts a year, it's worth it, and the compressor, depending on price, should be OK.
The only downside I noticed is the brush running at constant 30psi, although this can be adjusted on the compressor for lower pressure spraying.

they're both from a place called Harbor Freight Tools. and yes, they are cheap. I read the reviews on the airbrush, and it got great reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back